MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 25, 2012

Flat Back Treat Box!

Hi my crafty friends, Brenda here with our newest challenge at Sweet Sassy Diva.   For this week we are show casing projects that have to do with Autumn.  I have a cute little box that can be used for many things.  One being on the Thanksgiving table as name boxes.  My box is called a "Flat Back Treat Box" and it is adorable! You can find a video link here.  Here is how you are going to make it:

You want to start out with a 7 x 9 piece cardstock, color of your choice.


Then you are going to score on the 9" side at 1", 2", 3", 4" and 5".  Turn and score on the 7" side at 1/2", 3/4", 1 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 1/4", and 6 1/2".  Here what yours should look like:


Now that you have all your score marks, you will need to cut off everywhere there is black marker:



Your cardstock base should like just like mine now:



Are you with me so far??  Now you are ready to assemble and decorate in whatever way you wish.  I do have one thing that I'm not sure of though, so maybe you will be able to figure it out cause I can't seem to.  This little 1/4" score line, I have no clue why that is there-it is on both sides of the 7" side.  I haven't found any use for it in any way. I know it is going to be a reason so simple that I'm going to go "Duh Brenda!". lol  So if you figure it out would you please let me know.  It's really bugging me! lol


Here is what my finished project looks like and boy did I have a hard time photographing these papers!  Just put in whatever kind of treat you would like, it has to be something small though, like kisses or nuggets, etc.  Wouldn't these look so cute with Pilgrims on them and then the person's name on the box part sitting on your dinner plates at Thanksgiving?!!



I hope the design team of Sweet Sassy Diva has inspired you to get a little crafty!  Happy Crafting my friends!!!








2 comments:

Vickie said...

Cute box. I'm making one right now. I didn't use the little score part either.


Rosie said...

This is tooo cute


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Post a Comment