MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

August 16, 2012

As American as Apple Pie!

Hi all my wonderful crafty friends!  Brenda here and this week at Sweet Sassy Diva our theme is apples!
 
I knew just the pics I wanted to scrap with an apple theme so I got out my trusty Gypsy and layout out my plan on how to do my layout.  I used this sketch:


I did change it up some by the time I was finished. lol But still I followed the sketch pretty well.  I don't know where I got this sketch from as I just save them to my computer.  I need to start marking where they come from.

Here is what it looks like on my Gypsy:


I then started with a white base and started building my papers.  For my pattern papers I used Hobby Lobby's brand Paper Studio Vintage Nation paper.  This is my first time using my Scrap' in Easel and can I just say I am already loving this thing!!  It is so nice to have the layout sitting up right, much better on your neck and shoulders!


Next I cut out my apple shadow border using Making the Grade Cricut cart.  I welded my apple shadows together at different heights and cut out of black cardstock.  Then I hide the inside of the apple in my Gypsy and cut out enough apples for the shadows.  I also hide the outside of the apple to cut out the white flesh of the apple using off white or vanilla cardstock.  I think they look pretty good after getting it all together.  I placed it on the pattern papers with a magnet.  Nothing is glued down as of yet.


Next came my title and journeling box with apple.  The word "American" came from 3 Birds on Parade, I hide the "all" and the "stars" with my Gypsy as I just wanted the word "American".  Both words "as" came from Billionaire that I welded together, "Apple Pie" came from Blackletter and my journaling box came from Elegant Edges, my apple on my journeling box came from Preserves cart. I also did some distressing with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink.  I was going to mat my pics on white cardstock but then changed my mind. lol


                                     

Here what it looks like after the pics have been added and it's all glued down.  I'm a pretty happy with the way this turned out!  I hope that you have been inspired by the SSD design team and get crafty too using apples as your theme.  Please post your creation using the theme "apples" on Facebook by Click here!







Until next time Happy Crafting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment