MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

June 15, 2012

Dad Mini Album!

HI Everyone
It's Becka with Creations With Becka here. This week our DT Challenge for Sweet Sassy Diva, was to create a Father's Day project. So, now that the kids are out of school, I knew they wouldn't have made anything for their dad so we decided to make a mini album for him. My son had such a fun time helping me make this album, he helped pick out the cartridges and the cuts we would use in the album.
Here is what we made.

First, I used some pre-cut chipboard that is 6 x 6, then I used the patterned cardstock out of DCWV- It's a Guy Thing stack and cut them to 6x6, and glued the patterned cardstock to the covers and then the other pages are also glued together to make them a little thicker. I glued the white side of the pages together. I inked the edges of the album with chocolate ink.
Next, I used Accent Essentials to cut of this oval shape. I had some clear stickers with sayings on them, this one says memories, and I used Tim Holtz Alcohol inks to die them. Used hemp twine for the bow.
Next, we started decorating the inside pages.
These were some leftover stickers I had from a different project, not sure who they are by.
I used the Boys will be Boys cartridge for the hammer and screwdriver, and cuttlebugged two DCWV metalic pieces of cardstock to make them look like tool box chrome.
The page on the left was done by my 2 year old daughter and the one on the right was by my 7 year, he wrote a list of reasons why his dad is the best dad in the whole world. Its hard to read because he has really sloppy handwriting but one of the reasons was because he plays with him...pretty funny huh.
I used Block Party for these cuts, dad is a great BBQer so we thought we would put some pics of that in there.
This is cuts from Everyday Paperdolls. We love to camp in the Summer.
These last pages are Super DAD from Paperdoll Dress Up and the back cover has a pockets for their Father's day present to him. They got him tickets to the Steve Miller Band concert up at the outdoor theater in Lake Tahoe.
Thanks for stopping by today!



5 comments:

bird said...

Very cute album!!!

Rosie said...

love your album, it's adorable


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Oh Becka this mini is fabulous! Your kid and you did an awesome job on it and I'm sure that DH will cherish it! I love this DCVW Guy Stack, it has such awesome paper! Your DD and DS did a great job with each of their pages, so cute and precious!

crazyaboutcricut said...

WOW! This is a fantastic album, with amazing details. TFS!!

Anonymous said...

I love your Father's Day album. He will love it.
dmcardmaker (email follower)

Post a Comment