MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

June 4, 2012

Red, White and Blue!

Good Morning!

This is Jen, from 3 Cats and a Bug! 
This week over at SweetSassyDiva's; our theme is Red, White and Blue or a Flag.

I went with the Red, White and Blue theme and am counting on pictures of my Grandson this 4th of July. With him in mind, I went with A Child's Year cartridge and the Stand and Salute cartridge. I only used MS Birthday cartridge for the grass, which I cut @ 1 and welded 4 pieces together for each 12 x 12 page.  I did that for each layer of the grass.  I glued the bottom half of the grass together, leaving the blades free to be curled and lifted to put things under.  (This will make sense when you see the picture!)



From A Child's Year, I cut out the boy & car, boy & rocket and boy pulling wagon all @ 4.


I added stickles to all the images. On the rocket, I used a white gel pen and glossy accents on just the rocket.


From the Stand and Salute cartridge I cut out the fireworks @ 4. I had also cut out a banner, but afterwards decided it was just too much.


When I put the 3 layers together, I offset them each just a bit. I added stickles to the centers of each and on one of them I added stickles trailing down.  I also added glossy accents to the center of each.


The two page layout

The left side...

The right side...


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

TeresaK said...

This is an adorable layout! I was just looking at A Child's Year for 4th of July ideas!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

What a super cute layout Jen! I love the cuts you used from ACY and Stand and Salute!! Your grass border is perfect for these cuts and I love the stickles!!

Post a Comment