MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 26, 2012

Gift Tag Box!

in July!! Yup, Christmas ideas are popping up all over blog land! All the design team gals are giving you some great Christmas stuff to start on now or store away for later.

My project comes from the late Katie Renz. She was on on the design team for Clearly iStamp. Sadly, Katie passed away in November of 2011. The original directions for the box I made can be found here. This is the 2nd time I have made this box, and I know I am going to making these for special gifts this year.

It goes together very easily... the hardest part of this project is picking out the papers and figuring how to decorate the tags ! So here we go... Using George and Basic Shapes....



After making the box, I laid out the tags on my Gypsy.


I cut 4 tags, 2 from each design at 4.25" on Shadow Blackout. These are for the outside ends.

The rest of the tags are cut at 3.75", layer and shadow.






I cut a strip using my Fiskars Border Punch and added a small piece of ribbon.


The stamps, ink and punches are all from Stampin UP.





The hardware and ribbons are from my stash as is the designer papers.

This really was a fun and simple project. I hope you will give it a try !

4 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh I love this idea!!! I love the colors and papers you chose to decorate your tags, and your box is just adorable! I'm so sorry to hear about Katie's passing, how sad that this world lost such a talented person. I think it is awesome that you are continuing to get this beautiful project of hers out there. Thanks so much for sharing Melinda!

JenL said...

Awesome Tags and box Melinda!! I love all the details you put into the tags, they really look great!

Vickie said...

great idea. I'm defintely going to do this. I need a gifts for a party that I'm going to attend in Sept and this will be the perfect gift to give out. Thanks for sharing.


vickiebryn@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! TFS
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
(email follower)

Post a Comment