MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 12, 2012

Relax...Read...Enjoy!

Hello, Mindy from Grammies Craft Room with you today to share a card I made for this weeks Lazy Days of Summer challenge. My favorite summer pass time (other than crafting ! ) is reading. It is my big guilty pleasure that I can only really enjoy during my summer vacation. For this card I pushed my limits with the colors and the size. I don't usually pull out bright, bold color combo's and this card is a 5x7 and I am pretty much an A2 size gal.

The image is from Kate's ABC's cut at 3.75 inches. I set up all the layers on my Gypsy.




As usual, I put 2 of each of the smaller cuts on my mat as a precaution ... you never know when something isn't going to cut out just right :)
For the layer that cuts the hat, shoes,  pocket etc, I used the hide contour function to get the pieces in the color I preferred.





The sentiment is computer made then punched out with a 2" punch, backed by a scalloped circle punch. The leaves are from SU bird punch and the butterflies are from a SU Sizzlet. 

I hope you are enjoying all the great Lazy Days of Summer projects all the DT shows you this week !


5 comments:

L.B. said...

such a sweet job on this little girl.

sarah said...

toooo cute..TFS!!!!

Brenda said...

This card is absolutly adorable Mindy!! I love to read too and I am now at a stage in my life where I can take the time to read most anytime I want. But my favorite time to read is in the summer! I love to read outside for some reason, always have since I was a young child. lol I have gotten to read 12 books since May, so fun reading is! This card is just perfect to send to someone who has retired!!

TeresaK said...

This is such a super cute summer time card!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

I absolutely adore this card! Great work!!!!!!

Post a Comment