MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Patch fun!

Hi this is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway.   I created a Pumpkin Patch Scene 2 page layout.  Every fall, I take my daycare kids to The Bellevue Berry Farm and Pumpkin Patch near my house.  We look forward to it every year!

This layout took me 3 days and (merging) two different ideas to complete!!  I changed my mind so many times I lost count!
I started with this hill from Pop Up Neighborhood (found in the Accessory Function) sized at 5.00h x 11.49w.  I copied a second scene and flipped it.


I opened up a new Layer and took the shift layer of the Accessory Function and put the hills on my mat twice.  I flipped the second one.

I opened another Layer and put the Accessory Layers on it twice.  This was the trees and trunks.  I flipped the second layer.  I positioned the pieces on my mat by color for easier cutting.

Once I cut out the hill layer (without the trees) and set them on my workspace, I thought there was too much sky showing.  I cut another set of hills.

I needed some other pieces for my Pumpkin Patch, so I opened up an old file that I started but did not use.  I tried to cut the wheat from Pop Up Neighborhood, but as you can see below the paper tore.  I liked the barn, pull cart and the tractor.  I thought I might use the pumpkins but changed my mind. 


I went back to my first file and added these pumpkins from Pumpkin Carving.  I welded two sets together (sized at 1.24 inches) to make a large border.  I grabbed the cart and campfire from Old West, but ended up not using them.  I found the Pumpkins from Chic and Scary and sized it to 6.32w x 2.18h so it would fit across the top of my 4x6 photo.

I journaled on the hay in the cart.  I pop dotted the barn and some of the pumpkins.

I added twine across the bottom.  I filled in the pumpkin border with some additional pumpkins.

I used some lime green stickles to color the stems on the pumpkins.

I have been saving this cloud paper for some time ~ glad I finally got to use it!!  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a super cute layout Lori! I love the hills and trees, the barn and cart is awesome as well as the "field" of pumpkins! Great, great layout!

Post a Comment