MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 22, 2012

You're Invited!

This week on Sweetsassydiva we were asked to make invitations of some sort. It just so happened we were having a birthday party for my daughter....lucky us. My girls really love the 18' dolls. So that was the theme of our party. The chosen colors are pink, red and white with a star. You can figure out which one they like the most. I also wanted to make a simple design since I had to make a few....so this is what I came up with.

Let's get started!

One of the things I love most about being able to use my gypsy is that I can place everything on the mat, just as it is on the screen, and use as many scraps as possible. I used white, pink and red for this card. The card base is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2....I cut the red rectangle from George & Basic Shapes at 4 x 5 1/4....then I used my gypsy to fit the pink rectangle. I made it just a bit smaller, and then placed a star from George centered left to right but placed off center to the top. I also cut out a 2 inch tag in red, with a smaller circle in white.
I then embossed the pink star cut with my cuttlebug dots folder, using my sizzix embosser. I then started layering them up. Red first onto the white card base. I added thread around the bottom of the pink and then attached it with 3d pop dots.
I added the you're invited tag to the thread...and still wanted more. I found a wooden star button and altered it.
I placed it in the center of the cut...added a bit of bling and called it done.
(Sorry it's sideways...I tried 3 times turning it.) So there is my simple invitations. I used recollections paper in pink, red and white cricut embossing folder, dots sizzix texture embosser George and basic shapes cartridge a wooden star with a white paint pen self stick gem

3 comments:

bird said...

Very cute card and I just love the colors.

Brenda said...

Cute invite, love the colors and embossing!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Pretty colors and Love the star with the button.

Post a Comment