MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

May 14, 2012

Chicks dig me!

Good Morning!
 This is Jen from 3 Cats and a Bug!  This week at SweetSaddyDiva's  the design team is doing anything that uses 3 or more Cricut cartridges. I went with the "or more" part and used 5 cartridges.

For Easter, my daughter bought my Grandson the cutest lil outfit! The shirt says "Chicks dig me" and he was so adorable in it. I had to buy him a huge bunny for Easter since he's too little for an Easter basket.   So, on to my layout.

 I cut out two different chicks, one from Easter 2010, cut @ 3 and one from A Child's Year, cut @ 4. I embossed the chick from ACY and debossed the other one and then colored it in.

I cut the bunny from Easter 2010, cut @ 6 and embossed that one also.

I added stickles to his ear, white enamel accents on his tail and black enamel accents for his eye.

Also from the Easter 2010 cartridge I cut out two eggs, cut @ 2.5.  I added stickles, gems and used my viva decor pen to decorate them.

I cut the words "Dig Me" from Cindy Loo, cut at 3.5. I embossed the D and M, added stickles and a gem to decorate them. I also cut out a bow for the chick, cut @ 1 from Easter 2010 and added a matching gem to that.

I cut out the word Chicks from Straight From The Next, cut @ 3.5. I embossed the heart and used my white gel pen to decorate the letter.

For the grass I used MS Birthday Cakes Cartridge. I welded two pieces together, each cut @ 2 twice for both layers. I only wanted each piece to go 12 inches.

On the light green grass I used my thumb nails to curl up the tips. When I glued the two pieces together, I just ran a strip of glue on the bottom half so that the grass would still stick up. I did it the same way when I glued it to my background paper.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the pictures with the huge bunny. Your layout is adorable and love all the awesome embossing.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jen what an adorable lo!! I love the paper you used for the background it is just so perfect!! The die cuts are just adorable, love all the embossing, bling and paint on them! The pics are just to cute of your grandson! No wonder the chicks dig him!! lol Such a cutie pie!

Rosie said...

super cute!! love the way you embossed the chick and rabbit

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Post a Comment