MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

June 28, 2011

Firecracker!

Hi everyone! This week at Sweetandsassydiva we were asked to design something using stripes for the 4th of July. I knew exactly who I had in mind when I started my project. I have an Aunt who is a "Firecracker" lady, so I decided this would be just for her.
This card was simple and easy to make. It was inspired by Card Maker, Folding Techniques magazine. I am really liking that magazine.
The card itself is a 4x6 that I rounded the edges on. (red is DCWV neutral stack) The blue background is a 3 1/2 x 5 1/5 also rounded. The dress is made from scallop flowers cut from the lacy labels cartridge. (paper is from DCWV Nantucket stack) I cut 2 flowers at 3, one at 3 1/2 and one at 4. Then I folded them all the same way...which I will show you now ;)
First fold in 1/2
Then fold in 1/2 again
Now that gives you your middle, you are going to fold down each edge towards the middle.
That's it...all of the folding needed. For the top of the dress I turned one of the 3 in folded pieces so that the folds were on the back and the scallops were on the top. For the dress portion I layered them so that the folded pieces made a line on the front, and folded the very bottom scallop under. I used some ribbon and a flower for the waist and added a few self stick gems for more color.
It is a very easy folded piece to make, even easier since we can cut it with the cricut. This dress looks cute in pastels for little girls, and whites for wedding dresses, and can be dressed up many different ways. I hope you try it out. Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July.
*recipe*
Lacy Labels cartridge
DCWV Nantucket, neutrals stack
misc. ribbon
self stick gems
small flower
blue ink for edges

3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Very Cute and simple! I'm sure your Aunt will love it and the compliment of being a FireCracker! My Mother n Law is also a Firecracker! That's one of my favorite parts about her! :o)
Theresa

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Angie this is so darn cute. I just made a flower by folding circles so on to a dress. Thanks for a great idea.

Kim Ricketts said...

That is such a great idea! I love it! I just got that stack and can't wait to play with it!

Post a Comment