MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday!

3 or More Cartridges! How fun is that!! I can't believe that I am saying this, but when I went to start this project I had a hard time finding images from 3 different cartridges that I thought I could put together. Sounds hard to believe, right?




 I started with a card base from Wild Card cut at 5.25". This cut includes the spine piece, which I wanted in a second color so I set it up on the Gypsy so I could hide the parts I didn't want. The doily is from CTMH Art Philosophy cut at 3.35" and the butterfly is from Paper Trimmings cut at 2". I put 3 self adhesive rhinestones down the center of the butterfly and 3 in the upper corner. The sentiment - from CTMH - was stamped on white and centered in the opening from the inside. Some where in blog land I saw a great tutorial on how to stamp inside a cut out like this, but of coarse when I actually wanted to do .... couldn't find it.

As little side note... The doily was cut from the textured cardstock that Walmart sells and It cut out great. I adjusted the settings so the blade was at 6 and the pressure was on high. The mat I used was still pretty sticky so I didn't have to worry about the paper sliding around. I think I am going to experiment and see how small I get it to cut and still look good. I will let you know.

I bet that after I finish this post, I will have a revelation of 3 cart combos I could have done... oh well, I'll save them for another time!

Join it here!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card! I love the die cuts that you used together! The doily is so pretty, that butterfly is perfect and the spine on the card is fabulous!

Post a Comment