MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 12, 2012

Skate with me!

Hi!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a Winter Blues Ice Skate Card.
I started with some blue and black cardstock and some snowflake paper from my Christmas stash.

On Winter Woodland Tag Feature, I selected the ice skate tag.  I put two on my mat at 4.25 inches.  I flipped one of them and hid the center cuts with Hide Contour.  I put two ice skates sized to 3.08 inches on the mat.
I put the tree tag at 1.78 inches (with the center cuts hidden) and welded all three pieces together to make my card. 
I cut out the card base with light blue cardstock and cut the ice skates out in dark blue and black cardstock.

Now, there is a Card Function Key with an ice skate, but I like to be difficult....I mean different :)
I needed a liner for the card and the paper I selected  (from a  K and Co. Christmas Pad) had a white and silver pattern on the back.  I copied the tag shape twice and cut out two tags.

I glued these two pieces together, snowflake sides out.

I trimmed the two pieces of the ice skate and used my Xyron to glue the layers on.

I poked some holes in the skate and threaded on some twine for the laces. 

I glued the snowflake paper liner to the inside of the card.

My skate needed a pom pon, so I took blue and white twine and made a pom pon.

Here is the inside of the card ~ ready for a winter (or birthday, or thank you) sentiment!  I have a fear of commitment when I don't have a specific purpose in mind for my cards!!!

Thank you so much for joining us at SweetSassyDiva today!!!



4 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Beautiful card Lori. Love the pom pom and the ties on the skate. Great tutorial

Brenda said...

What a pretty card! I love the pom pom on the skates, great addition to the skate and the blue theme looks so pretty and frosty with this card!

Unknown said...

Love your card Lori !! My daughter is a figure skater and she would be over the moon if she received a card this pretty ! Love the pom pom :)

L.B. said...

Love that snowflake paper.. Cute card!

Post a Comment