MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

October 15, 2012

Manly Thank you!


I recently recieved the Cricut cartridge Artiste and decided to use it for a manly thank you card. 

Recipe:

Cricut Cartridge Artiste
My Mind's Eye Totally Girl paper stack
Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration So Happy for You 123220
Stampin' Up! punches: Punch Word Window and Punch Modern Label
The Twinery twin in Honeydew
Stampin' Up! cardstock in whisper white and Regals Always Artichoke
Sheer white ribbon
Stampin' Up! journaling marker in black
Stampin' Up! brown ink
Pop dots
liquid adhesive

On page 75 of the Cricut Cartridge Artiste, I cut the Father's Day card at 4.25" using the green dotted paper from the My Mind's Eye Totally Girl paper stack.  I assemled the shirt and glued the two pieces together rather than using it as a card. 

Using the Stampin' Up! journaling marker, I created faux stitches on the pocket.



I added a folded pocket square using a small piece of sheer white ribbon folded.  I adhered it with a pop dot to give it dimension and some liquid adhesive to give it more staying power.

The tie is the reverse of the paper stack which was a white.  If your paper stack was double sided, you could have a different pattern or quite easily cut it out on a different paper all together as it is a separate key.  Be sure to cut them out at 4.25" each as well.  They are programmed to cut out to the correct size as long as you select 4.25" on all the elements.

I cut a piece of 8.5" x 11" paper in half and scored it down the middle of both pieces.  This gives you the card base. 

I cut the green 8.5" x 11" cardstock into 4 pieces with a little taken off two edges to give it a slight white border that will show around the card when glued to the card base.

To the green paper, I took one and wound it three times with the Honeydew twine from The Twinery.  I adhered it with a pop dot to keep it taught. Place pop dots around the bottom side of the green cardstock to give it dimension to the card.

The shirt was glued down with liquid adhesive.

Using the scraps from the shirt cuts, I used the So Happy for You stamps set and stamped 'thanks' in brown ink.  I punched it out using the Stampin' Up! punch 'Punch Word Window'.  I then, used the Punch Modern Label and used the reverse side of the paper to get the white.  Use the brown ink and a small sponge dauber or other small sponge to ink all the edges.  I glued the two pieces together with some liquid adhesive and with pop dots placed it on top of the twine.

Inside you can stamp a favorite sentiment but, in this case I just used it to write a personal thank you note.

I challenge you to make a manly thank you card as well.  Please share your creation on facebook.

SweetSassyDiva

Promote Your Page Too









1 comment:

Brenda said...

It's a great masculine card! Loving that shirt!

Post a Comment