MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

April 20, 2011

Basket full of....

This week we were asked to make something either including Easter or Earth day.   I chose Easter.  Since I had seen Jen's easel card I wanted to try and make one....so this is my attempt at easel cards.
I laid out the pieces I wanted on my gypsy, and then picked out my colors. (I always tend to start with one thing and end up somewhere else.)

I then cut out the paper according to the gypsy...it's one reason why I love it so much I waste so much less paper.
After cutting all of the pieces and parts.  I started arranging and rearranging pieces to make the Easter basket.
After having a little bit of sparkle for the grass I attached the eggs, some self stick dots and ribbon to dress it up a bit.
I had cut out Happy Easter but it looked a bit plain.  So I glitzed (is that a word) it up a bit with my embosser and some shiny blue embossng powder.
Then all that was left was to make the "stand" for the easel, which was more sparkly grass (ribbon) and another Easter egg set up on pop dots.....I really like the colors and how they came together with this card.  It's bright and cheery and I hope that the one that I send it to enjoys it....until next week!

Oh the recipe (almost forgot)
DCWV textured cardstock pastel
DCWV neutrals
DCWV citrus
Blue embossing powder, heat gun
Cricut cartridges...Doodlecharms,  Calligraphy
Self stick gems
Ribbon
Pop Dots

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Well this is adorable! Love the ribbon! :o)
Theresa

Post a Comment