MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

December 7, 2011

Tissue Box Cover!

Hello everyone, Mindy here from Grammies Craft Room.Today I am sharing a favorite project of mine.... a Tissue Box Cover......that can be decorated for any theme or holiday that you need. The wonderful directions can be found  at Splitcoaststampers. I have shared this tutorial many times because Diane has done such a great job describing the easy steps to make this versatile home decor accent. I used my E2 and Imagine to cut from Sophie and Trim the Tree cartridges.  I am showing the screen shots you will see when you design and cut using the Cricut Craft Room.
The doily is sized at 4" and cut out perfectly on the E2. Now we move on to the candy cane and the skate, both from Trim the Tree. These are cut at 2.5", and I am here to tell you that I will never cut anything on this cartridge this small again. I started out cutting them on the E2 with terrible results. I then moved over to the Imagine. They cut out better, but I still had LOTS of clean out work to do....moral of this tale.... make them BIGGER :)
I ran the red parts through my Zyron machine and the applied red glitter. If you haven't tried this method of applying glitter, I totally recommend it. The white doily was just to plain for my liking, so I wove thin ribbon through the tree edge and tied a bow. Then I glued that down too sides and added the skates and candy canes using dimensionals. Around the top edge I stamped snowflakes from My Pink Stamper with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. I added stickles to the snowflakes and called it done.
Supply list: Cricut E2 Cricut Imagine Cricut Sophie Cartridge Cricut Trim the Tree Cartridge Card Stock - Stampin Up Patterned Paper - Hobby Lobby Stamps - My Pink Stamper Versamark Ink White Embossing Powder Ribbon Dimensionals Adhesive Glitter Stickles I hope you check out all the great Hostess/Housewarming gift ideas the design team have for you this week :)

5 comments:

Hrvatica said...

This is so cute. Love the way you wove the ribbon through the trees.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love this. How cute to wrap the ribbon around the tree cut. Definitely need to make some of these. Thanks for the great project.

Unknown said...

Yout tissue box is fabulous, what an awesome job you did!!

Lori said...

CUTE!

JenL said...

Love this!!

Post a Comment