MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

April 3, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Hi my crafty friends, Brenda here from Friends Craftin' with Friends.  Our challenge this week on Sweet Sassy Diva is to use rain stuff, like umbrellas, boots, etc...Well I had the perfect pics for this challenge!! lol  So I started out by designing my lo using my trusty Gypsy.  Can't seem to do anything without it! lol Then I went through some papers, at first I thought about just using a piece of plain blue cardstock, but then I ran into this piece of paper.  Loved it!!!!  My friend Cindy raked this paper to me, Thanks Cindy!!! I had two pieces and I chose this paper because to me the design it looked like splashes all over the it.  Perfect! lol
Then I chose all the papers for my little birdie from 3 Birds on Parade and placed on my mat just like I layed it out on my Gypsy.
I then inked all my pieces with Tim Holtz's distress ink, Vintage Photo and assembled my cute birdie. Then I added glossy accents on his little boots for make them shine.  You can't really see it in the photo though, but it is cute in real life.  Isn't he cute?!!
Next was my title.  I welded a cloud and "rain, rain, go away".  The cloud and rain drops came from Sesame Street-Seasons and the 'rain, rain..." came from the April Showers cart. Cut my base layer and then my top layer being the title.  I off set my title against the white.  I also put glossy accents on my rain drops.
Printed and added my pics and my lo is done!!
I hope the design team at SSD has inspired you to get those pics out and get them scrapped!!  I am looking forward to seeing what my design team sisters have done as well.  Thanks for joining us this week!!
Brenda

2 comments:

JenL said...

Awesome layout Brenda!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So very cute Brenda. Love the little birdie and the rain clouds are great too. You sure got some great pics.

Post a Comment