MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday!

This week we were asked to use buttons....I love buttons!!!!! I used this as a reason to finish a couple of birthday cards that I've needed to make. They are going to be late...I'm horrible at getting things out on time...but they are now made. (Only one more to go.) This one I made for my niece. She is such a sweet girl. I laid everything out on my gypsy. (I found my inspiration from a Just Cards magazine.)
Then I used my paper from DCWV Sweet Stack to cut out all of the layers.
Then it was time to layer it all up...add thread and buttons...a stamped sentiment and call it "Happy Birthday"
(The other 2 cards are for her twin sisters who turn 3....also sweet sweet girls. I used Nana's Kids paper, celebrations cartridge for the candles and made it simple...after all they are 3. ) I used the "Make a Wish" stamp on both cards. The sprinkles on the cupcakes are tiny buttons...and then the buttons going down the side are threaded with golden thread. The colors remind me of neapolitan ice cream...so ice cream and cake for a bithday....can't be beat.

Angie

5 comments:

Kim Ricketts said...

very cute birthday cards! I love buttons!

Kim :)
www.puppiesandpapercrafts.com

Brenda said...

Such cute and festive cards!! I too love the buttons!! The buttons for sprinkles is just to cute!!

Liz said...

great cards TFS

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

JenL said...

Awesome cards Angie!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great use of buttons on all the cards. So cute to use the little tiny ones for candy on the cupcake.

Post a Comment