MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 7, 2012

Look at the Choo Choo!

Good Morning! This is Jen from 3 Cats and a Bug. This week at Sweetsassydiva's the theme is Vintage Valentine's. I made two cards, mostly because I wasn't real thrilled with the first one. The second one I made for my DH. While he isn't really isn't into trains, several years ago while driving around looking at Christmas lights we seen a train set outside and he laughingly said "Look at the choo choo's!" My daughter and I will never let him forget that!! Every time we see a train we tease him about it, so when I seen the vintage valentine train I knew I had to make it for him. The first card was made with spellbinder's dies.
I inked the edges in red.
I added some red ribbon.
And attached it to a red card.
The next card I made was a twisted easel card. (The first one I made can be found HERE;.) I started out with a 12 x 6 and a 6x6 piece of red paper.
I used my MS scoreboard and scored the 12x6 piece at 6 and then again diagonally.
Add glue to the folded over side
Attach the 6x6 piece to the glue.
I went back to my spellbinders and cut out the train image and a blue background. I inked the train image in a light blue.
I cut 2 pieces of patterned paper just a hair under 6x6. I attached the first square to the top piece.
I used my gel pen to add "stitching" and some bling to it. Then I added my train image and mat
I used some gems from Michaels for the "smoke" from the train.
I added the second piece of patterned paper that I cut earlier and added it the inside. I cut two more boarders from spellbinders for my inside saying. I used a big blue gem to hold the card up and two corners to dress it up a bit.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Love both cards Jen! The valentine vintage images are so pretty! Love that you used the pearls for the train smoke, great added touch!!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the images and that you made them into easel cards. So cute.

Post a Comment