MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 15, 2012

Love is in the Air!

Hi Crafty friends, Brenda here from Friends Craftin with Friends.  This week on Sweet Sassy Diva the DT was asked to make something fun, no layouts, no cards.  So after thinking about it for a while I decided that I wanted to make a kissing ball.  I started with a 5" styrofoam ball.  Picked out my paper-old stack in my stash that was called Love Letters from Little Yellow Bicycle and then deciding on what flowers I wanted to use on my kissing ball.  I decided on some spiral flowers from the Flower Shoppe, the spiral on page 12, the spiral on page 13 and the spiral on page 15.  I my flowers at 2.25, 2.50 and 2.75.
There are around 160-170 flowers on my ball.  So I started cutting and rolling flowers, and cutting and rolling.
I placed a piece of ribbon on my ball for my hanger using to straight pins with heads. After having a pile of flowers done, I started gluing them onto my ball. 
Taking care to get them as close to each other as possible, I kept working around and up the ball. After I got to the top I glued flowers to each side of the ribbon hanger making sure to glue tight up against it so the pins wouldn't show.
Here it is with all the flowers in place. 
Now I thought that I would add a heart from the Sweethearts Cart, with the lips from Hannah Montana and the "muwah" from Smiley Cards.  I glued this to the side of the kissing ball. Then I took some pink twine and punched to hearts using some old Creative Memories punches.  I sandwiched the twine between the hearts and glued the other end in a crack of the kissing ball on the bottom.  Here it is handing from my ceiling. 

Thanks for joing us here at Sweet Sassy Diva, be sure to keep checking in to see lots of inspiration from our fabulous design team, you won't be disappointed! You may even walk away with some inspiration!

4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Very cute love this cartridge.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda that came out gorgeous. Love the Yellow Bicycle paper you used. A new way to use those flowers I love to make! Thanks!

JenL said...

Brenda, that is just beautiful!

Mrs. Green said...

I've seen a bunch of these. Using patterned papers was a great touch. I should try one of these, they look so good!

Post a Comment