MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

May 15, 2011

Gift Card and Gift Bag!

The request for this week was to use a kite in our design. Since I had to make a birthday card for a sweet little girl I figured I would be able to use it there.


This was the first mat for cutting. I loved the colors for everything. All of my cardstock is DCWV from different stacks. I love being able to use odds and ends from previous cuts.
I started the layering process after all cutting was done. The grass is actually a coordinations paper that I tore, and then inked the edges to make the horizon stand out. I cut out the little boy and girl bugs from Nursery Rhymes in white and then colored their shoes and clothing with markers. The kite is from Sugar and Spice with a dmc embordiery floss for it's string. The sun is from Doodlecharms. I also cut out a Happy Birthday for the inside of the card using Gypsy wanderings. To finish the card off I added some self stick flower stickers on the grass, and then decorated a gift bag to go along with it.
*recipe*
Coordinations and DCWV cardstock...misc. patterns and colors
Cricut cartridges, Doodlecharms, Gypsy wanderings, Nursery Rhymes, Sugar and Spice
DMC Embordiery Floss
Pop Up Dots
self stick flower shaped gems
green
ink pad, markers
(for the gift bag I used doodlecharms for the ladybugs and flowers, plantin school book for the grass, green ribbon, buttons with self stick gems in the center or the flowers...a plain blue bag turned into a cute little flower garden)

1 comment:

Kim Ricketts said...

very cute! I love how you decorated the bag!

Post a Comment