MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 9, 2011

A few of my favorite things about Winter!

Hello....what a beautiful day to be writing this up. This is the first morning to wake up with the ground covered in snow. I love the snow for the first few days, and then I am ready for spring again. So onto this weeks project....Christmas cards.
This card represents some of my favorite things about winter....other than just Christmas. I chose the plaid paper (dcwv seasons paper stack), to represent flannel. There is nothing warmer than a flannel shirt, or a set of flannel sheets to curl up in. The red and green are for Christmas. I chose to use twine to represent the cord on a sled. So then to go sledding you have to button up and have snow. So with all of that in mind here how I made my card.
I used green cardstock, folded in half makes a 4 1/2 x 6 size card.
I cut out a piece of the plaid (eyed it) and glued to the top. I added a strip of tan across the bottom and stamped it with snowflakes.
I used my gypsy and cut out a tag, using George for the circles and Paisley for the flower....I would say they are 1 1/2, 2 in for the circles and 2 1/2 for the flower.
I stamped the center with a snowflake and the "Warm Wishes" sentiment, layered them together and placed them on the card at a diaganol/slant...because snowflakes never fall straight to the ground.
I added a snowflake button to cover the hole that the twine is threaded through. (It's a fabulous findings button.) I then added twine to the top of the card, used a pop dot to adhere the button and wrapped the part of twine around it that was holding the tag.
(this will all make sense when you see it....very very simple, like a day of sledding, flannel blankets, and hot chocolate)
*recipe*
dcwv paper and cardstock
wooden button, snowflake button
gypsy cartridges, Paisley and George
studio g warm wishes stamp set
twine
dew drop ink rich cocoa and brick red
pop dots
Make sure you button up and keep warm!

2 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Angie I love the papers and the design of the card. Very cute!

Unknown said...

You are so right about the plaid making you think of flannel.... warm and cozy, just like your card :)

Post a Comment