MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 28, 2011

Deck the Halls!

Hello all.... now the fun begins.... getting every nook and cranny of our house ready for Santa! I will tell you that my WHOLE family is crazy about decorating for Christmas. My sister has a plaque that says " If it doesn't move, Decorate it !" and that's pretty much what happens around here :) It all starts with my husband and daughter (last one at home) bringing ALL the boxes and tubs down from the attic and stacking them all over the place. Then it's at least a whole day to pack away everyday things and place the Xmas decorations in just the right spots.... we even bring out pictures from years past to make sure everything gets put in the PERFECT place ... sad, I know !


The  SweetSsassyDiva Challenge this week is Trim the Tree. I guess I could have made an ornament, but no... I had to come up with the idea of starting a special garland for my grandkids to put on their tree, with the idea that I will add to it each year.... only time will tell on that part :)
I couldn't get a good picture of the whole thing in one shot, so there will be lots of them...






It all started on the Gypsy...




The clothing is from Paper Doll Dress Up and not really made to fit the cute animals from Create A Critter, so I had to do some playing around... First I unlocked the chain so I could set the height and width separately. I put the Create A Critter image on layer one and the clothes on layer two so I could adjust the clothing size over the critter. Sorry that I couldn't get a good picture of this part.
 After the sizes were set for each of the critters it was time to cut....










I did some embossing before I started to put them together.










Then I added Puffy Paint, Stickles, Googlie Eyes and some Gel Pen lines.


The Candy Cane and Hard Candy are from Simply Charmed.


I attached ribbon to the back side and hung with these cute clips from Stampin Up.


My supply list :
Cricut Create A Critter
Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up
Cricut Simply Charmed
Cardstock - Stampin Up
Patterned paper -Hobby Lobby
Puffy Paint
Stickles
Gel Pens
Googlie Eyes
Ribbon - My stash
Tiny Clips - Stampin Up


I hope you will check out all the wonderful Trim the Tree creations the rest of the design team have come up with to inspire your creative side !


- Melinda







3 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So cute. Love the little animals on the garland.

scrappinC said...

OMG! Your little ornaments are so darn cute. Love them.
Cindy Lou

MontuckyGirl said...

Great idea! It looks so cute and so much fun to make!

Post a Comment