MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

April 8, 2011

JOY tri-fold card!

Hi Everyone
This week for the SSD DT Challenge we were asked to make a Tri-Shutter card. This is the first time I have ever made one of these and I think it turned out pretty nice. I have seen these on the blogs but I had no idea how to make one.
Here is the card I made
Recipe
Pink and green cardstock
Accent Essentials
Prima flowers
Patterned Paper
Here are the steps on how to make the card.
1. Cut a 12x12 solid cardstock to 5 1/2x12
2. Score the cardstock at 2,4,8,10 inches
3. Turn longways and use a paper trimmer to cut the paper from the 2" scoreline to the 10" scoreline going inward on the paper 1.5 inches. See picture below:
4. Fold at score lines
5. Add cordinating patterned papers- measurements: You might have to alter these measurement as I could not get them spot on, so I kept trimming them down until I got them the way I wanted.
Cut 4 pieces of patterned paper 1 3/8” x 1 3/8”.
Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper 1 3/8” x 3 7/8”.
Cut 1 piece of patterned paper 2 3/8” x 3 7/8”.
Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper 2"x5.25"
Cut 2 pieces of patterned paper 2"x2.75"

Then put all the papers on the cardstock.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful job. I have been wanting to try making on of these too.

Jan

Tina~in_ut said...

LOVE this card~ It's beautiful~

Tina~

Post a Comment