MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

December 22, 2010

Not your typical Shall We Dance Vignette!

aMerry Christmas!  It's Nadia from With Glittering Eyes!  I would love to share a two-part Christmas project I have created using Shall We Dance (along with a few other cartridges) and Post-It Full Adhesive Craft Paper.  The first vignette...

To begin, I started with the figure on page 28, cut at 5-1/2" twice.

On one cut, I cut away her bottom half; on the other, I cut away her head, arms, and skirt to use as a pattern.  I hand-cut a new dress, adding folds for the full skirt, long sleeves with cuffs, and a ribbon belt.  I did add a bit more hair too!  Stones created quick jewelry.  I drew in her face instead of using the layer cuts so that I could get a little more detail.

The fainting couch is from the Heritage cart (page 49).

I cut it at 2-3/4", adding ink to create the wood detail and shading.  The cart cuts a space between back and seat on the furniture, so I added a piece of black cardstock behind it.  My Zig Millenium 01 fine pen allowed me to add details to the wood.  I used a 5/8" punch to cut a circle from red velvet flock paper to make a bolster pillow.  The Zig pen and a paper tassel I cut finish it off.

The wreath is from Joys of the Season (page 66), cut at 2".  I cut the base from Post-It Craft Paper, color Evergreen (found in the Jewel Tones package).  The layers are cut from regular paper.  Unlike some specialty papers, the Post-It papers are easy to glue on to.  This is important if you are like me and enjoy a mix of 2D and 3D effects on your projects!  Additionally, this paper can be cut without cutting the liner.  To do a kiss cut on this product, your machine should have the following settings:  blade depth 4, speed medium (3), and pressure medium (3). 

The background is a beautifully muddled printed paper.  To it, I added cuts from Home Accents (cut at 1-1/4") to create a wall paper effect.  I used more of the Post-It Paper to do this, saving the negative space for the next vignette.  This was cut using color 'Lucky' from the Brights pack.
 I popped up the figure to pull her farther off the surface with those great Ranger 1/4" pop dots, stacked to equal 1/2".  Using the ATG, I glued the vignette to a mat.  This finishes at 6-1/2" x 6-1/2". 

The next vignette started in much the same way.

I cut two figures at 5-1/2".  This figure is from page 32.  Cutting away the head and limbs on one, I was able to create a pattern for a new outfit.
 
The figure's right arm was cut and replaced to be slightly behind her and downward.  Her feet were flocked to create slippers.  I drew her face on using the Zig Millenium, Sakura Jelly Roll pen, and colored pencils.

The cat is cut from Four Legged Friends at 1", flipped and without layers.  I colored in the face, limbs, and tail for detail.  Embroidery floss creates the ball of yarn.

The background is the negative space left over from the wall accents cut for the first vignette.  I used an ink pad to give a bit of texture to the plain paper and to coordinate with the first background.  I peeled the backing and placed directly onto the 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" mat cut to match the first as well.  Easy and smooth adhesion is the key advantage of the Post-It paper!
I cut the desk from Sentimentals at 2", inking for detail and adhered it to the Post-It paper.  I hand-cut a pet gift box.  The snow globe is a couple of strips of wood veneer paper, layered and inked to make a stand and an image from Google of a nativity scene, punched in a circle and 'glittered' with Stickles.
The figure and cat were popped up with Ranger pop dots to pull them off the surface.
And here they are together.

If you would like to try out the new Post-It Full Adhesive Craft Papers, you can find 24 colors in assorted packs at larger JoAnn stores, JoAnn.com, and Amazon.com.  You will love the way you can ink and stamp them!  They perform perfectly with all your other decorative papers on projects, making them a must-have in your paper stash!

You are invited to check out my blog, With Glittering Eyes, to see my other projects, source guides, project gallery, and Cricut material settings guide!

Merry Christmas!
Nadia


4 comments:

Carol Ric said...

Beautiful and very creative!

scrapaholicjen said...

OK... this is AWESOME!!! Way to change up that cartridge a bit and show us there is a lot more that can be done with it than just dance layouts! LOVE it!

TR said...

You will definately want to go check out her blog!

As always these are wonderful, Nadia!
I just love how you are able to dress
the figures. I really want to try to do
this soon. I will show you my attempt
when I do.

Hugs. Merry Christmas!

TR

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Cannot wait to see your creations TR!!

Post a Comment