MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

December 25, 2010

George and Basic Shapes Gift Box!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday season! I know we are. Our temperature has been dropping and the apple cider has been brewing. Today we were able to reach a high of 1 degree. That's right I said 1 degree! For my project this week I made a cute little gift box. It comes from a 5-in-1 Template idea but I re sized it out to fit my needs as the example was a 4 inch and I needed a 5 1/2 inch. I picked out 3 colors of card stock to make my box from. I went with blues and greens.

I took the piece I wanted as my top and flipped it over to trace out my pattern. I used my Expression to cut out a 5 1/2 inch circle then I folded it in half to form the edges of the box.

I cut out the lid pattern and then scored it with my fabulous Martha Stewart score tool.

I used the same 5 1/2 inch circle I cut with my Expression and traced 2 circles on my green paper. I then cut them in half and folded the half circles in half. So you have 4 half circle corners.

I took the folded half circles and glued them on the inside of my lid on both sides to make my 4 corners. Glue the other ends to the side to make your lid.

Next I got out my bottom paper and traced the pattern on the paper.

I cut in on two sides flipped and cut in on the other two side just opposite. Scored the other lines.

Folded them up and glued them down to make the bottom of the box.

Slid the little lid on top and added ribbon and a flower bow that I constructed out of a few flower cuts on George and Basic Shapes cart.


~*Recipe*~
~*3 pieces of 12x12 cardstock
~*ribbon
I love making these little gift boxes. They are so cute! For the original tutorial you can find that at.... www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/five_in_one_template_box/
Thanks so much and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!!
~*Jen*~

1 comment:

Libby Beach said...

Thank you thank you so much for sharing this Jen! The box is just beautiful :) And it looks surprisingly pretty easy to make!

Post a Comment