MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

March 20, 2011

April Showers!

Hello Everyone- This is Summer from Cricutdiaries.com and this week over at SSD I was asked to choose this weeks theme.... And I chose Easel Cards! This is one of my favorite folds and after you do one, it is very easy to remember.

I wanted to use my new April Showers cart so I made my card a "Spring" card.
Recipe:
Imagine More Card
April Showers
White card stock
Clear Stickles
Lavender Ink (I used stampin Up!)
Purple and white gel pens

For this card I printed and cut 2 squares with a pattern from IMC , those squares were cut at 4.7. The banner (both layers) were cut at 1.5, the tree at 3, the house at 3.5 and the flower was cut at 1.5.

For the base of the Easel card I cut a strip of white card stock at 5x10 and another at 5x5. I folded the larger strip in half to form a 5x5 card, then the top portion of the card (that would have been the front) and folded that in half again (2.5). I inked all the edges in a lavender ink.

Then I adhered my patterned squares to the full, no folded inside of the card and on the 5x5 square. That 5x5 square will be glued to the 2.5 inch folded strip on the top of the card.

For this view you can see how the 5x5 square attaches.



I used pop dots, Stickles and the purple gel pen to add detail to the entire card as well as the images I cut out. I hope you enjoy my "Spring" card and I hope that you enjoy all the Easel's you see this week!

Click Here for Blog Hop!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Really cute card. I'm going to have to try one of those. Love it!
TFS,

(: (: SMILES :) :)

Robin aka thecricutscrapper

Year 2 said...

Thanks for all the steps! The card looks so great!!!

Post a Comment