MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 1, 2012

Big Bang!

Hi!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a 4th of July layout!!

I wasn't sure if I would be able to craft once I fell and broke my right (dominant) wrist.  I was determined to make something!!!

We usually host a 4th of July party at our house and I am too busy to take a ton of photos.  For this 2-pager, I only left 2 spots for photos....I can take 2 good shots this year right?!?

I got out my Gypsy and tried the left hand orientation but really couldn't make it work, so I switched back.
I strarted out with the star from Stand and Salute sized to 9.59 inches.

This left room for my title 4th of July also from Stand and Salute sized to 4.41 inches.

I cut out this layer in red and blue.  Here you can see my beautiful cast!!! 

On Layer 2, I put two stars sized to 5.50 inches.

The fireworks are also from Stand and Salute and are sized to 1.82 and 2.41 inches.

The banner pieces are from Independence Day and are sized to 2.06.
I used blue cardstock to cut this layer.

Layer 3  included one star and six fireworks copied from Layer 2.

Also on this layer are the other two banner layers.  I grouped the pieces so the top half will be cut in white cardstock and the bottom half will be cut in red cardstock.

Here they are cut out.

I ran the red and blue layers through my Xyron.  I stuck the twine on the top of the red layer and sandwiched it between the red and white layers.

Here is the banner assembled.

The musical note paper is Recollections from Michaels.  Everytime I think of fireworks, I can hear music in my head...well except for that one episode of the Brady Bunch!!!

I pop-dotted the fireworks to my page and put some stickle dots on the edges.

I had my friend Jenny from YogiMemories ink my edges with Brick Red for me.  I thought that would be a disaster if I tried!!!

I pop-dotted the banner flags to my page and wrapped the twine around the back of the paper.

More fireworks and inking.

I really liked how this turned out!  I hope I inspired you to create a project that reminds you of a BIG BANG!!

Thanks Bobbi Jo for having me over today!!


3 comments:

Lara said...

I have got to get that cartridge just for the banner/pennants if nothing else! SO beautiful- amazing considering you are crafting one handed. Hope you feel better soon!

Brenda said...

Oh Lori, this layout is fabulous!!! I am so in love with the banner you made, love the fireworks, that background paper is fabulous and I love the different sized stars! If you don't mind I would like to lift this layout. lol I simple love it!

TeresaK said...

I just love this layout! Thanks!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Post a Comment