MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 16, 2012

Road Trip Mini!

Hi all my crafty friends, Brenda here and it is time for another Sweet Sassy Diva challenge.  We were given the challenge of doing a project with the theme "vacation".  Well last August dear husband and I just got into our car and started driving west.  We had no plans, didn't know where in the heck we were going to go or what we were going to see.  It was the best trip I've ever had! lol  To begin with we haven't been anywhere just the two of us in a long, long time.  I can say we had a blast and I hope that we can do it again sometime.  So since this was a special trip, I decided to make a mini album of the places we went and the things we did. 
I started out designing my mini on my Gypsy.  I went with the interstate sign from the solutions cart, Street Signs.  I put the shadow on my mat and I put the sign on as well.  I welded letters into each part of the sign by hide/contour part of it. So I put Lawrences in the top half, and Road Trip into the lower half so it would cut out. Then I cut my front and back covers using chipboard, ok, it is the back of a paper stack. lol Those and cereal boxes make great chipboard!! After cutting out my shadow shape, I cut my pieces in the colors: black, red, and blue and attached them to my front cover.





Here is what the front cover looks like.  I added 12 pages into this mini, if I need more I will just add more.  But this gives me 24 pages to document our trip on.


I hope that I've given you some inpiration today.  Please stop in at Sweet Sassy Diva tomorrow to see another page within the album and check out what else my design team sisters have for you this week!!




2 comments:

L.B. said...

Such a fun idea...road trip with no destination and this cute mini

Unknown said...

Love your Road Trip Mini!!!!

Post a Comment