MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 19, 2012

Lake Fun!

Hi!!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway!!

This week at Sweet Sassy Diva's Blog our theme is Vacation Anyone?  I took these pictures at my brother's cabin in May.  The kids were fishing and riding in the paddle boat and having a great time!!

I started out with my Gypsy:

I saw a layout on Pinterest that had some paper waves and wanted to make some.  I found this border from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art and sized it to 4.8w x 1.58h and welded two together.  I hid the inside cuts with Hide Contour.

I cut out LAKE FUN from Martha Stewart Birthday Cake Art sized to .88 inches.  

I cut out three waves and trimmed 1/4" off of one and 1/2" of a second wave in order to stack them.

I used this bright paper from Quick Quotes to layer my photos with!

I inked the waves with Opaque ink.

Next, I added some fish and fishing poles from the accessories on Everyday Paper Dolls.  I sized the fish to 2.41 inches and 2.18 inches.  I sized the fishing poles to 2.06 inches.

I added the sun and chair from Life is a Beach.  The sun is sized to 1.82 inches.  I copied another sun and hid all of the cuts except for the circle pieces to create a circle layer.  The chair is sized to 1.82.

I cut out the pieces from my cardstock scrap stash.

I inked the fish with a little pink and put them in between the waves.  I tied a knot in orange and blue twine and tucked it behind the waves.

I added the title on the water and put the chair in the corner.  The fishing pole is just above the fish.  I adhered one to the layout and pop-dotted the second one on top.

I changed the background paper to something more subdued and added a touch of orange twine.

I hope you enjoyed my layout from our mini vacation.  We usually all go to the Ozarks together every August, but this year (after 13 years) we are not able to all go.  It makes me a little sad, but I look forward to future family vacations!!!

Thanks Bobbi Jo for having me over today!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Awesome layout Lori! I love your "waves" and the fish in them. The colors in your layout are awesome, as is the twine on it. Your die cuts are just perfect. We haven't even gotten to the lake this year. Makes me sad, but it is too hot to go anyway. lol I can't sleep in a hot tent!!! So I will stay home in the a/c and just do the pool thing.

Cindy Vernon said...

Very cute project. TFS, Cindy

JenL said...

Great layout Lori, looks like everyone was having so much fun!

Post a Comment