MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I hope that you have been enjoying the design team challenges that we have every week here. I do hope that it inspires you to create and even play along as well.

This week the challenge is all about projects using Cricut cartridges with stars & stripes for the 4th of July. You can find a lot of wonderful and creative projects shared here.

Well, as it is the 4th of July today, I am sharing my project using stars and stripes. 

Before I do so, I wanted to take this time to wish all of our followers and readers a wonderful and safe 4th of July holiday.  I hope you enjoy your weekend. 




I want to share my appreciation that I have for all the wonderful men and women that serve for our freedoms. Thank you! 



A soldier once shared that "Freedom isn't free and every time they think about the freedom, they have to think about a service member who has lost their lives in order for us to have the freedom we have and love!” 

Please take a moment to thank our men and women as well as their families for their service and sacrifices.  Thank you to all of them!

I made a layout in Red, White and Blue!  The heading is "Liberty" and it features the Statue of Liberty, Fireworks and Stars & Stripes! 

I made some embellishments using red stitched ribbon, brads and rhinestones.  I also added a hat pin with crystal beads for additonal bling!


I used the Stand and Salute cartridge for this layout.  On the dark blue firework cut, I used silver metallic ink and sparkling embossing powder.  It has a lot of shine and bling.  It really shimmers as the light hits it.   

Using red and white striped ribbon, I created folds and used rhinestone brads and adhered it to the bottom of the layout.  It is reminescent of the flag's stripes especially with the lace star background against the white cardstock.  


The word "Liberty" was cut out in dark blue using the shadow feature.  I also cut out the word 'Liberty' in red and white layering them over the shadow.  By layering it with pop dots, it gives it great dimension. 

I cut out a star frame to showcase the picture from 4th of July in white.  Using pigment dark red ink and clear embossing powder, I embossed "Those who reach, touch the stars."

Lady Liberty was cut out in red.  By using pigment dark red ink and sparkling embossing powder it highlighted her cuts and added shimmer.  She was also cut out in shadow using dark blue cardstock. 



Please take a moment to send a thank you to our men and women currently serving as well as our veterans and all their families.  Thank you for our freedoms and protecting us so that our babies can live in a safe America!

God Bless America!

Please continue to check all this week for some more amazing projects using stars & stripes!

- SweetSassyDiva


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I really love this lo Bobbi Jo! The ribbon is what catches my eye, love how you did that. Of course all the die cuts are just perfect for the 4th of July. Love the picture too,to cute! Yes, freedom isn't free. The freedoms that we civilians have are because of the brave that fight to keep our freedoms for us at a cost to them. I'm sure my soldier sons will be remembering their lost soldiers as they have fight beside them, made deep friendships only to have to lose that friend in battle. No freedom isn't free, it comes at a cost to our many soldier. Thanks for remembering our brave soldiers this 4th of July. Have a happy and safe one everyone!!

Post a Comment