MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 10, 2012

Diving into customization!

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  My wrist is healing!!!  My cast is off and I am in the middle of PT!  I am getting my range of motion back and can now cut with scissors YAY!!!  They told me that crafting will help :)

This week at SweetSassyDiva, our theme is Lazy Days of Summer.

This summer my son Tanner took swimming lessons with a friend (and daycare kid of mine).  I really loved their instructor Drew.  He worked with Jadon a lot and let Tanner do the tricks he wanted to do.  He had endless patience with them which is rare from a high school boy!!  I wanted to boys to give Drew a special card to say thanks.

I used the card feature from Life is a Beach and sized the cards to 4 inches and 5 inches.  Because of the paper I used that looked like pool water, I set up the cards to cut out a little different than my normal "paper saver" mode.

The cards do not have layers for the swimmer, so I created my own.  I copied and pasted the card after hiding the extra cuts I did not need.

Here is a screen shot of the "cut" page.  I cut out the images in cream, red, yellow and blue cardstock scraps.

I used a micro pen to draw in the face, mask and details on the trunks and flippers.  I used Glossy Accents for the mask and the bubbles.  I had to get out my scissors to cut out the bubbles, leg and flipper that overlapped the frame of the card.

For this guy, there was a layer piece inside the cutout of the card.

Here are the two cards side by side.  I had so much fun making these simple cards!!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Great cards Lori!! I love the personality that you gave the boy diver, he looks awesome! Love the paper you used for the base of the cards, really cool looking. Most of all I am so happy that you are rid of the cast and can craft with two hands again. lol Thats a big YAY!!!

L.B. said...

So fun Love how it is a frame card! very cute.

Anonymous said...

I love these cards. What a great idea.
dmcardmaker at aol.com

Anonymous said...

I love cut-out cards. These two are are so cute! I may have to scraplift!!

Evelyn

Post a Comment