MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 8, 2012

The Great Outdoors!

Good Morning!

This is Jen, from 3 Cats and a Bug.  This week here at SSD's our theme is Lazy Days of Summer and how we enjoy them.

For me, this was easy.  We spend every weekend possible at the lake.  While I enjoy fishing, I much prefer fishing when the sun is shining and I have my nook in my hand and the blue gills are biting.  :)  A few times a summer the kids will join us for the weekend and camp out.  It's so nice (now that they are all grown) to sit outside by the fire and talk most of the night!

For this layout I only used 2 cartridges, Campin Critters and George and Basic Shapes.  My daughter and I love to read, so I cut out the squirrel @ 4.5.  I added stickles and glossy accents to the squirrel and embossed the book.  I also used liquid pearls for the eyes and nose.



The porcupine was cut @ 4.  I used liquid pearls for his eyes and nose.  I used stickles for the marshmallow and topped it with glossy accents.  I also used glossy accents for the stick.  The fire was cut from the badge layer @ 4.5.  Of course I added stickles to that also.  :)


I made two photo mats using my gypsy.  I welded the deer behind the tree, cut @ 4.5 to a 4.25 x 5.5 rectangle and I also used the raccoon behind the tree, cut at 4.5 to the same size rectangle.   I used liquid pearls for the eyes and nose and glossy accents on the tree.



I cut the deer fishing @ 5.5 and instead of cutting one fish, I cut three of them.  Like the others, I used liquid pearls for the eyes and nose and I added glossy accent to the white "fur".  For the fish I used liquid pearls for the eyes and on one fish I used glossy accents on the head and tail and stickles on the body and tail.



 The left side...




The right side...


Both sides...



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

L.B. said...

so fun..love the fish details.

Brenda said...

Super cute layout Jen! I love this cart and all your die cuts look amazing. The stickles and liquid pearls look great! I love being by the pool or a lake too, favorite summer fun!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the added touch of the stickles.

Post a Comment