MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

July 30, 2012

Carnival!

We are right in the heart of summer here in New Jersey and that means it is fair and carnival time. I couldn't come up with any other way to use this theme except a layout. That's right, here is my second one! My daughters are convinced they will turn me into a scrapbooker yet!

As I am writing this post, spell check tells me I have misspelled the title, so I will be going back and fixing that.... duh....

I started by laying out all my pieces on my Gypsy. I put them on three separate layers.


The tent is from Create a Critter and is cut at 2.75 inches. I put the layer on twice and then hide all the cuts but the door so I could have that a different color.




The lion is from Create a Critter and is cut at 1.75 inches  I also cut out the word Time on this layer and that is 1.20 inches from Art Philosophy.




 The banner is from Art Philosophy and is cut at 1.25 inches. I placed the letters in the triangles and sized each one separately. They are approximately .75 inches.



For the photo mats I used the ticket punch from Stampin Up and black gel pen stitching.
I inked the edges of all the pieces of the tent and stitched in white gel pen. The lion I left alone. For the border I used the Fiskars Scallop border punch and stitched in white gel pen.

I threaded some thin ribbon through the banner and attached with pop dots.

Please stop in everyday and check out all the creative ideas for our Carnival week!


Cartridges used - Create a Critter and Art Philosophy

_ Melinda


4 comments:

D- said...

Love your layout. TFS.
You should do more.
I understand though my daughter is grown and I have only gotten to a little after she was born.
dmcardmaker

Rosie said...

This layout is adorbale!!! great job

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

This layout is so cute Melinda!! I love the banner with the letters in it! And your tent and lion is so cute!! I agree with your daughters, you are a great scrapper so might as well embrace it! lol

Carol W. said...

Super super cute layout! Awesome job!

Post a Comment