MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

February 21, 2011

Summer Dreaming!

Its like Christmas in July but more like summer in February in my house the last few days. We were asked to create something with the tropical colors of teal blue, hot pink, orange and lime green. I at first hauled out my card makin' goods and started to plan out a card. In the middle of my card planning process I stopped and said "Hey I got a better idea!". So I put away my card makings stuff (gasp, shock, drop mouth) and decided on making a fun album. We do tons of stuff durring the summer and I would love to make a little album with one picture from each month.
So I picked out my tropical colors

Planned out my pages on my Gypsy. That was a little harder. It took me almost 2 hours to plan out the letter s, u, m, m, e, r. I am not that well informed on how to use all the fancy Nancy things on my Gypsy so I took 2 rectangles (george and basic shapes cartridge) and then welded them together to make one long skinny one and then welded my letters to the end (printing press cartridge).


I then cut my paper into 12x5 inch strips and put them on my mat and plugged my Gypsy into my Expresson and hit cut.

After they were cut they were all one lenght. I then layed them out staggered and made one cut. I collecyed up my scraps and drew out a template cardboard peatla thing and made 5 petal things, scored them in the centers and creased, distressed the sides and glued them together.


Found a nice premade flower with bling in the center and placed it on my cover. I clamped my album so I could make my holes for the ribbon binding.
Poked my ribbon through and tied it all up. I really love the way it turned out and cant wait to add my summer pictures to it :)


~*Recipe*~
~*6 sheets of misc DCWV cardstock
~*Printing Press Cricut Cartridge
~*Misc ribbon
~*Jen*~


Just click on the picture of the Scrap'n Tote below for details on a special 10% off on the Scrap'n easel Monday and Tuesday! Enter code EASELME

 Enter code EASELME to Save 20% on scrap'n tote using code: GOUSA



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty word book!

Lena said...

I am learning how to use my gypsy. I so glad I so your blog. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a circuit expression and gypsy bag give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

Post a Comment