MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 15, 2011

All about Fall Blog Hop!

All About Fall Hop



Welcome to the "All About Fall" Blog Hop!!

We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that are All About Fall!! You'll find an array of ideas throughout the hop -- From decorations to gift ideas and more, we hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the way!! This is a TWO-DAY hop, so be sure to catch both days for maximum ideas!!

Before the leaves change color and fall... let's get hopping!! If you've hopped over from Kacee - http://youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com/ then you are in the right place!! If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our All-About-Fall FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog because... Starting at the start is always SMART!! :) We have a WONDERFUL Grand Prize for one lucky hopper today -- A $25 Gift Certificate for Designs On Cloud 9!! To be eligible, please visit each "Blog Hop Stop" and leave a comment!! One random winner will be chosen on Wednesday, September 21st (giving you plenty of time to finish the hop)... For more details on what you could choose if YOU are the winner, please be sure to visit our sponsor:






Designs on Cloud 9


I used the Cricut Expression 2 Anniversary Edition to create some fall cards with the Crafty Stack by DCWV. 








The nice feature of the anniversary edition is that there are 4 preloaded cartridges of which two are limited to this machine.

I am using the Cricut Essentials cartridge which I chose from the drop down menu.








From the next screen, you see the digital overlay. I selected the flower in the second row and fifth icon over from the bottom left.









Then select the shift/lock button for the detailed image.








Again as you see below it is in the same position on the keyboard as the last image.














To add spacing between your image selections, you can use the space icon as you see in the picture below.













If you would like the image to move to the next line, you can use the button to the right. It is like a return on a typewriter or computer keyboard.

After you have all your characters and spacing selected, press the house button (home) shown below.















As you can see below, I used the spacing key between the two detailed flowers and returns to bring the bigger outlined flowers to the third quadrant.  It is really nice to see the spaced images on the screen of the E2.  You can then see where they will cut on your mat.   I cut them out at 3".













I chose a patterned paper from the stack and coordinating solid cardstock.  Then, I placed the paper in the coordinating quadrants on the mat. 

Here are a few cards that I used the flower cuts above.













Recipe:
Cricut Expression 2
Cricut Essentials
Sentiment "Flowers whisper what words cannot say" from Life's a Garden.
DCWV The Crafty Stack
Cardstock
Brad
Dark Brown Ink













Recipe:
Cricut Expression 2
Cricut Essentials
Sentiment "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you" from Life's a Garden.
DCWV The Crafty Stack
Cardstock
Brad
Dark Brown Ink
Light Green Ribbon

Thank you for checking out my project.  I hope that you will become a follower of this blog by clicking the follow button in the right hand column.  We have challenges here each week and this week you can participate for some additonal prizes!  Click here for more details!

We also have a SweetSassyDiva Design Team Call!  Click here for detals!

We have a WONDERFUL Prize for one lucky hopper today -- A $10 Gift Certificate for Pink by Design!! To be eligible, please become a follower of my blog and leave a comment!! One random winner will be chosen on Wednesday, September 21st (giving you plenty of time to finish the hop)... For more details on what you could choose if YOU are the winner, please be sure to visit our sponsor:




Pink Cricut


For my project, I used the Pink by Design "Life's a Garden" set.

Now, hop on over to Rhonda - http://scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/ and remember to visit all the stops for more chances to WIN!!

45 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great tutorial Bobbi Jo and I love the bold colors of the cards. Thanks for a reminder about those carts on my E2. I forget about them.

Claire Spielman said...

Hi, Just hopped over to enjoy all the great designs at the Fall hop today. Your card is so sweet & the colors make me remember being up north. Being in S. Florida, I got inspired to make a Fall layout. I already am a follower so I hope you can pop on by & see what I made because of all you guys inspiring me!! TFS Claire
http://scrapmyway.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-blog-hop.html

Brittney said...

I LOVE your card.

www.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I love the colors and papers you used for your card! So pretty!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
follower

Lisa said...

Your card turned out just wonderful, thank you for sharing!

lisa G

Vicki said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the colors. Already a follower. TFS.


Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Babe O'Mara said...

Fall is my favorite season. Love the colors in your card. Beautiful. TFS. I'm a follower.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Unknown said...

HI! Im already a follower and so glad to get a chance to hop with you!!! loved the tutorial, I was wondering about the E2 Ive never seen it b4!!
Kacee

mjblahnik56 said...

Love the card. Thanks for the tutorial.

mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

Dania said...

Just hopping. :) Cute card and thank you for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

Love the card. Those colors are perfect. I really like how you gave such a great tutorial.
Great job.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Carla said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing them I love the colors that's probably one of the best things about fall.


http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
racincrafts at aim dot com

Unknown said...

Love your card ~ beautiful colors!!

Patti Ross said...

Wow, what a great tutorial and a great project!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

I love your card!

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Lisa Norris said...

Cute cards! I'm so happy to be a part of this hop with you!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

Chriss America Real said...

I always forget that I can just make flowers on Cricut! I was just looking around for some flowers to put on a card, thanks for reminding me! Your card is so bright and beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial too!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

littlen said...

very nice card. tfs.

MontuckyGirl said...

This is a great card! I just love layered flower cards. They are so quick and pretty!
I can't wait for Oct 1st! I can order the Creative Memories version of the E2 with 2 full cartridges: Cricut Alphabet and
Cricut Essentials and a bonus cartridge, "The Best of Times Sampler" which is exclusive to CM!
I have a workshop on the 24th of this month where I will be making flower cards and I think I will use this one as my model. I want to show the ladies how much fun card making is with all of the left over scrap supplies!
http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Very nice fall card and great tutorial! I am already a follower :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

very pretty card thank you for sharing.

joydee1963 said...

Great card!Love the colors.I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Judy said...

Great Fall cards - perfect colors! And you really did a wonderful job selling me on why I need to get the E-2:-) I am already a follower...
jejaeb(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a very cute card love the colors, thanks for sharing it.

Angela said...

Love the colors that you used for your card! Thanks for the tutorial also, great job!
Hugs,
Angela
http://angelascrafty.blogspot.com

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Very pretty card. TFS! It was nice hopping along with you!

Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

Alisha said...

Very cute card and looks like you have a green thumb too. Your flower in the background is beautiful.
alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

smyiow said...

I love both your cards!! Thanks for sharing how you made them!

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Lisa R. said...

Great fall colors and paper! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Roxie said...

I love the colors on your card! Thanks for sharing!!

Susan L said...

Oh this card is so wonderful that it makes me want an E2! Everything is just perfect. Bravo!

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

BlueCrayons said...

great post bobbi jo. love how your cards turned out.

rhelm@tampabay.rr.com

lorby said...

I love the bright bold colors of this card. Thanks so much for the info and beautiful card. Jearise in http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/ at jearise@gmail.com

Edwina said...

I am a follower. I love your card! I have that paper stack. I wish my old expression had that cardtridge. I love the flower you used! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Carol said...

The colors are great. The combo in the flowers are so sweet. Thank you for sharing. chale@gci.net
http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/

Jen R said...

What a great tutorial for us newbies.

kissmyjen at gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Cute card!!

callyannc said...

I love this card! The colors are so pretty! TFS CallyAnn(follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Totally darling card idea - I love hopping with you - thank you for hopping with me today!

Sunny79 said...

I love your flower power card.

hugs, Marina.

Janet said...

Nice tutorial on the E2 Thanks tlove your cards great desigh=n ansd colors>
Big Blog Hugs! *Janet*
http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

Kim Ricketts said...

cute cute cards!!

Eva Laney said...

Great Fall Card, love your papers & flower.
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

Sue D said...

Great fall cards--love the papers and your flowers.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Suzys Crafts said...

Awesome card!

Post a Comment