MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 26, 2011

Little Mermaid!

This week at SweetSassyDiva's we're doing the Disney Theme. My kids are way past that age, but when my daughter was younger, she LOVED the Little Mermaid. The dress she's wearing in this picture (which I did save for her!) was her favorite one and trying to get her to wear something else was a challenge!



I used Disney - Princesses Dreams Come True cartridge and Cricut Craft Room! There is a great blog on how to do faces on in CCR, Cricut Craft Room blog, however with the new build it didn't work correctly for me. So instead I followed the directions but did a Print only and cut it out myself. Ariel isn't a hard shape to cut out. She was cut @ 5 and then I did an extra cut of her hair, flower and top. I added crystal stickles to her hair and yellow stickles on the flower center. I used glossy accents on her top and flower.








In CCR I also cut out Flounder @ 2.5 the same as Ariel and cut him out myself also. (I'm hoping this gets fixed quickly, I hate cutting things out by hand! LOL)



The bottom border was cut @ 7.25 and the frame was cut @ 7.5. Stickles were added where ever I could. :)



To get the picture to fit the frame, I cut the background piece out of scrap paper, but I did NOT lift it off my mat! I lined up where I wanted my picture to show through the frame by laying the picture under the scrap paper and moving it around. Once I picked out what I wanted, I smoothed the picture on the mat and removed the scrap paper and cut again. Perfect every time!! (Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the process) Stop by my blog, 3 Cats and a Bug and e-mail me to let me know if you need help with this.



I added a 4.5 X 12 light pink paper and a 1.5 X 12 dark pink strip of paper to add some contrast. With the exception of Ariel, this was one of the simplest LO's I've done in awhile.







Be sure to enter the SweetSassyDiva Design Team Call!






Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a beautiful layout Jen. The pieces are perfect. Sorry you had to hand cut them but you did a wonderful job. The background paper is amazing.

Susan L said...

Oh my goodness!!! I still love Ariel. I love this layout. I may need to get this cart :D

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

freetimegone said...

You did a wonderful job on the layout and on the cutouts. Love everything about this one.

Vicki said...

Cute, cute layout!!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com

Kim Ricketts said...

very very cute! I have the hardest times with Disney cuts. You did great!

Kim

Post a Comment