MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 21, 2011

a day of thanks...



Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway.  Today is my day at SweetSassyDiva's and I made a simple Autumn card.  I say simple, but I am not a card maker and I tend to make them harder than they seem!!! 
I uncovered my Imagine and took out my Enjoy the Seasons cartridge.  In order to prevent waste, I try to print and cut several pieces at once.  I used the haunted houses for another project.  I put the pumpkins and gourd in my que as one image.  I then broke a second image into layers (the same size as the first image) and printed and cut them both out.
Here is the paper after I printed and cut.
I used the stamp "a day of Thanks" from Close to My Heart sentiments stamps.  I practiced on the layer piece of the banner first.
I used pop dots to layer the small pumpkin and gourd onto the base.   I used 2 pop dots together on the left side of the gourd to even out the layer.
Here they are all layered up!
I cut out a 4x8 piece of brown kraft cardstock for my card base.  I trimmed some green paper from my scrap stash to 3.75x3.75 and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage ink.  I tied a bit of brown twine on the right side.
I took the remaining pumpkin and adhered it to the bottom corner of the card.
I trimmed it and inked it a bit.

I added a little bow with green twine to the stem of the gourd.  I hope you have a wonderful Autumn!!


If you would like to order the cricut cartridge or this stamp set, please send an email to Click Here! and I will send you an invite to my CTMH party.  There are some freebies until the end of this month as well as a stamp of the month set.

6 comments:

teachermom5 said...

This turned out really beautiful. I am new to the Imagine and haven't figured out how to get my Gypsy to work with it, am loving the possibilities. Thanks for the great ideas and inspiration.

MontuckyGirl said...

I love getting tips on how to use my Imagine for making cards! I have missed using it and finally can again! Great card and thank you for making it!

Tambo said...

This is a cute card. I love fall and all of the pumpkins. I like how you added the inside one too. Great project. tfs Tami
Tambo's Creations

Suzys Crafts said...

I just ordered this cartridge and cannot wait to get it. Thanks for sharing your great project!

Kim Ricketts said...

love this!!!

Kim

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So excited you did a project with the Imagine. I am just getting used to mine. I like how you added the sentiment to the banner. Love the way you trimmed pumpkin for inside corner. I am always trying to do better on the inside of my cards.

Post a Comment