MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 10, 2011

Grandma's Photo Frame!

Hugs to everyone this glorious day! This is Jearise who lives in Lorby's World; a world of creation and crafting. I am honored to be guest designer here today on SweetSassyDiva and hope you enjoy my picture frame made from fond memories of my grandmother.

Grandparents day is celebrated September 11 of 2011 and I created something special for this special holiday.

I love mini-picture frames and making the fancy mats that go in them so I decided to work with this. I thought back to my grandmother and how she meant so much to me and was such a colorful person and that's when everything fell into place.


I used a 4 x 6 inch frame and cardstock from two different pads: DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack and s.e.i's Mimosa's stack. The neon green that I used for the shadowing of the flourish and the word "Grandma" is plain cardstock from Recollections.

I used my wonderful Gypsy for all my pieces. The word "Grandma" and it's shadow come from Gypsy Font. I did the shadow first and KE'd it at -12 and then went back and took the shadow effect off and didn't KE it. 





I've found that using a tweezers and quick dry glue are the way to go when putting the letters on the shadow.
I used Accent Essentials for my flourish and mat. The mat will hold a 2 x 3 inch photo leaving a nice little frame.


The inches are wrong for the mat in the picture. I had to unlink them and set the width at 3.50 inches and the height at 2.50 inches.
The flourish and it's shadow were done at 1.50 inches for height and I kept the measurements linked.

The stamp "You're simply the Best!" comes from Inkadinkado's Kathy Davis designs #97608 and I used the olive green ink from ColorBox Petal Point Classic Pigment inkpad #08013 - Provence. I inked the mat, and shadows for Grandma and the flourish. I finally used a la mode clear embossing powder on my words.

Be sure to enter the SweetSassyDiva Design Team Call!

2 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Congrats Jerise on being selected Guest Designer this week. Great frame and project. Your tutorial is awesome and I love the papers and colors you chose. Thanks for joining us this week.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot this week. I love your frame. What a nice way the celebrate the day. Your Grandmother will love it. Thanks for sharing your how to's.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment