MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 29, 2011

Disney Autograph Pillow Cases

Hi ~ Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a Disney project to share.  I was in the Disney Hop with Sweet Sassy Diva last weekend and you can see my layouy HERE if you like.

We are getting ready for our first ever Disney Cruise!  We have been lucky enough to go to Walt Disney World several times with our boys, but I was shocked when my husband suggested a cruise.  He does not really like the water so I figured a cruise would be a girls vacation or no vacation for me!

Mike is a researcher and he read on the Disney Message Boards that you can bring a pillow case on your cruise and the characters will sign it while you enjoy the cruise.  I decided to make two of them and here is how I did them:


I opened a 12 x 24 mat on my Gypsy and used Disney Mickey Font for my letters to spell out APGAR FAMILY DISNEY CRUISE 2011.  My original plan was to letter the top of the pillow case on both sides so I sized my letters so the words would fit a 20" length (the width of the pillow case).

Then, I flipped the letters so they would cut out in reverse.
I took Freezer paper and cut a piece to fit my mat.  I cut it shiny side up.


I pulled the freezer paper "stencil" off of my mat.


At this point, I changed my mind and put all of the words on one side of the pillow case.  I put APGAR FAMILY at the top and the rest at the bottom and ironed the stencil on the pillow case.  I added in the center pieces for the D, R and A's and ironed them in.
I used fabric paint and a sponge brush to paint my letters.  ***Don't forget to put something in between the pillow cases so the paint doesn't leak to the back side.  I did not have any cardboard long enough, so I used the back of my cricut mat.
After the paint dried, I carefully peeled the stencil off the pillowcase.
Here is the pillow case all painted up!  I decorated the next one with blue paint.
Don't forget to peel out the center of the letters!
Here is the blue lettered pillow case.
I added Nemo ribbon (found at Wal-Mart) to the edge of the pillow case.  I don't sew very well so I am having my MIL sew the ribbon on ~ I just tacked it down for the photo.
I used this ribbon (also found at Wal-Mart) for the black lettered pillow case.
I can't wait to see it filled up with autographs!!  Thanks for having me here again Bobbi Jo!!

Enter by September 30th!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ms. Bekah said...

What a cute project idea. I haven't tried the freezer paper as a stencil before. Super! Hope you have a great cruise...

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is really cute & a great idea!!!
Puppy Hugs,

Brenda said...

What a fabulous idea! I loved how you pillow cases turned out!! That is so cool that the character will sign the pillow cases, and yay for getting to go on the cruise!!

Insulation Types said...

Now I know that there is an easy way to paint a t-shirt. We need this kind of setup before when we need to print shirts because we a recital but since we did not know this yet, we hire someone who did...

Post a Comment