MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 18, 2011

Happy Haunting!

This is Jen from 3 Cats and a Bug. This week here at SweetSassyDiva's the DT is honoring the first day of Autumn (September 22!). Besides watching the leaves change color, Halloween is the next best thing! My kids are grown now, but I still remember all the fun I had taking them trick or treating. I still love watching all the cute kids come to the door. Next year will be even better watching my son with his baby, although there won't be any going door to door for several years yet. Ok, I got a bit off track there, so back to my project! LOL

I made a shape card from the Pumpkin Carvings cartridge using Design Studio. I used the owl cut @ 5, a rectangle shape cut @ 1/2 (from George and basic shapes) and another owl cut @ 5 and welded them all together. On the second owl (on top) I used the hide contour to hide everything except the outside shape. I also cut 2 more owls, again @ 5 using the hide contour to hide everything except the owl on one cut and on the second one (not shown) I hid everything except the outside cut. I cut the last one on brown patterned paper. I also cut the Happy Haunting @ 1.5 and hid the outside shape.






I used Flower Soft on the branches and stickles for the Owl's eyes and beak. I used a white gel pen to add faux stitching to the outside of the oval. I glued the brown patterned paper to the backside of the front of the card. Then I glued down the Happy Haunting.






On the inside of the card using MS Seasonal cart, I cut Happy Halloween @ 2.22.








Visit my blog at 3 Cats and a Bug to see more Halloween cards!

Be sure to enter the SweetSassyDiva Design Team Call!

5 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute card Jen. Love the flower soft leaves and the plaid owl. Great job!

Beckie said...

I think ur card is super. Stop in and see me ;)

Be Blessed, Beckie

Kim Ricketts said...

love your card! The shape is cute too!

Kim

Suzys Crafts said...

love this card. You did a great job and I love the flowersoft on the tree!

Tambo said...

I really, really like this card. I love the shape and the design. It is just so cute. tfs Tami
Tambo's Creations

Post a Comment