MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 4, 2011

Witchy!

Hi!  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a Witchy Banner!  Sometimes that is just how I feel!  Most of the time I just love Halloween.


I started with some paper.  The purple paper is from Nikki Sivils Boo-tiful, and I think I got it at CKC in Kansas City last October.  The green black and orange are cardstock from my stash.

I turned to Birthday Bash for my banner base.  There are several banner shapes to choose from and I wanted to layer two pieces.  I started with the triangle at 3.94w x 4.25h.  I copied and rotated a second triangle, then copied the two of them three times to get 8 triangles on my mat.

I cut them out with the purple plaid.

For the top layer, I chose the zig zag triangle banner sized at 3.92w x 4.25h.  I copied, rotated and copied until I had eight triangles on my mat.

I cut out these in lime green cardstock.

I found the Witches Hat from Mini Monsters and sized it 2.95w x 3.50h.  I used Hide Contour to hide the inside cuts on the hat.  I put eight on my mat.

I cut them out in black cardstock.

On the next layer, I put eight stars from the hat layer (I hid the hat band and circle) along with the word "witchy" from Birthday Bash at 1.0w x 1.12h.

I cut out the stars with some purple scraps.  I found this scrap for the letters with halloween words on it.

Next I jazzed up the hats with some stickles.  I did half of the hat bands purple and the other half lime green.

I put icicle stickles on the stars. 

My banner was missing one thing (and I don't have the patience for making rosettes) so I found this shape from Elegant Edges.  I cut out eight of them at 2.90w x 2.76h.

I cut them out in orange card stock.

Here is the shape after I weeded out the inner cuts.

I layered the pieces together to have a look.

I inked the letters with black stamp pad ink and pop-dotted them on the hats.

I put them all together with some polka dotted ribbon.  I am getting better at using patterned paper and busy ribbon together (still prefer solid colors most of the time)!

Here is my banner all together.  I hung it on my daycare door (cackle, cackle)!  Hope you have a wonderful witchy day!!  Thanks for having me over today SweetSassyDiva!!



8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my word...That is CUTE!! I like the how you put it all together. Very "festive" :) What are rosettes? I made my first banner just this past week. That is time consuming for sure!! The more I see from mini monsters and birthday bash, the more I am thinking I need these carts! TFS!

Hugs,
Michelle

http://michells-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Very cute banner Lori. The Witches hat is too cute. I love all the different banner shapes from Birthday Bash.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I love your banner! What a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. :)

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

Such a cool banner. Love witches. TFS

scrapbug@live.com

Monica said...

Very cool!
I was wondering ... looks like you got a lot of use out of your mat.
Do you use something to restick your mat? what seems to work best for you?

Thanks for sharing your cool projects.
Monica
monica.lowrance@gmail.com
http://happyscrappn2.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

Cute! I love the witches hats..Very nice job!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
follower!

MontuckyGirl said...

Very clever! You did a great job! Thanks for your inspiration! I sure learn a lot from you!

Natalie
mtmcbroom at gmail dot com
http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Lovely Be-witched Banner. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Post a Comment