MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

September 9, 2011

Love You!

Hello everyone!  Liza from Hoo's Crafty!

This week we are showing our love for the Grandparents.  My kids are very
lucky to have my parents be so close to them.  We spend every weekend
together, we swim at their house all summer long, we take vacations
together....and so much more!

This card is another reminder of how much we love them.  And it's pretty
self-explanatory.

I started out with an A2 card base in kraft card stock and layered it with some
patterned paper.

With my Gypsy I played around with a few simple shapes.



I used a rectangle from Plantin Schoolbook.  I sized my first rectangle
using the REAL DIAL SIZE button on the Gypsy to make this 5.25"x 4.0"

I added a heart shape from MS All Occassions Cake appx. 2"

After I had my desired look, I copied it to the other side of the mat and made
the heart two times bigger and the rectangle two times smaller.  The heart
on the right is using the CAKE function.

After I cut these out, I used 3D foam tape between each layer for dimension




Before adding the top purple paper, I tied around some bakers twine to add in
some more of the aqua color I had used on the matting.





I stamped it with a sentiment from SP & Co stamps.


This could be used for many different occasions, but for us....we love to remind
them how much we love Grammy and Pop Pop!





Be sure to enter the SweetSassyDiva Design Team Call!

4 comments:

Shawnee said...

Very cute. Love the colors you picked.

lorby said...

Very Sweet! I like the way you cut the hearts.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Cute card and so creative. love the baker's twine it adds a nice touch. thanks for sharing the how to's.

Lady Fair said...

Adorable, love the heart cutout.

Post a Comment