MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 26, 2011

Love Bug!

Hello all!!  This is Carissa!!  SweetSassyDiva's design team is making something other than a card or layout with our Cricut machines!!  I received Create a Critter for Christmas and have been wanting to try it out since then!!  I went to Michael's the other day and saw these wooden frames perfect for embellishing!!  I came home and looked at the handbook and picked out the Ladybug!!  She is super cute and I love her LoveBug sentiment!!  Here is my first decoration for Valentine's Day!!

I created a cut file on my Gypsy for this project.  This is my first time saving, downloading and sharing from my Gypsy!!  Love learning new things!!!
Recipe:
Wooden frame
Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge
Glitter Cardstock
Pink, Light Pink, Black, Red and Green cardstock
Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink
Mod Podge
Adhesive
3-D Foam Adhesive
File
This is my mat ready to cut the flowers..  I cut lots of flowers and layered as much as possible.  I'm sorry but I didn't take a picture of the flowers after they were cut.  Oops!!!



This is my mat ready to cut the ladybug and the sentiment...  So adorable!!  I cut the LoveBug sentiment twice using different colors so I could cut the word 'bug' to add another color layer.






I inked the frame first to see if I liked it but decided to cover it with glittered cardstock!  I used Mod Podge but had to improvise and use a plastic knife instead of a foam brush.  Even coating over all then apply the paper.  I put a heavy basket on top and let it sit for a while to dry.



Ink the edges of all the pieces, arrange the pieces on the frame and glue.  I used Quick-Dry Adhesive to glue everything together and to attach the smaller flowers to the frame.  Then used 3-D Dots to attach everything else to the frame.


For a copy of the gypsy cut file, you will find it in the files section, or click here!  It is labeled Valentine Frame 1/26/2011.

Have a great week!!
-Carissa







8 comments:

Robin said...

Soo adorable
TFS,
Robin Aka thecricutscrapper

Monica said...

OMG, this is the cutest frame ever. You did a great job!! Create a Critter has the cutest cuts!

scrapstampcrazy said...

thanks for sharing the file, You rock!

freetimegone said...

Love how you did the frame. So cute. I have Create a Critter but haven't done anything with it yet. Guess I need to get with playing.

Unknown said...

This is one of the cutest frames I've ever seen!

L.B. said...

Why did I never think of cuttting the paper into smaller squares and cutting all at once in four corners??? Thansk SOOOO much for that great trick and an adorable card

cdm317 said...

This frame is just adorable! I'll have to check my Michaels out to see if I can find a few. TFS!

Libby Beach said...

This is so so cute!!! :) And thank you so much for sharing the file too! :)

Post a Comment