MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 16, 2011

Sweet Cupcakes!




To me Valentine's Day is all about CUPCAKES! This week at Sweet Sassy Diva Bobbi Jo asked us ladies to make a Birthday or Valentines Party Item. I found the cutest cupcake wrappers on the Sweet Treats cart.

Check Spelling
Recipe:
Sweet Treat Cartridge
Hopscotch Imagine Pattern Cartridge
12x12 White Card Stock
Clear Stickles
Toothpicks
Stamp (I used "Be Mine")
Versamark Ink
Stamp'N'Bond
Brown Glitter

I started by printing and cutting the wrappers at 5.5 inches using patterns from the Imagine hopscotch cartridge. I also cut out 4 hearts at 5 inches from the same cartridges.

I then inked all the edges of my wrapper with Distress Ink "Walnut Stain". And simply folded along the perforated lines. I used my tape gun to fold and hold my wrapper together, it was very easy to figure out.

For my toppers I stamped a "Be Mine" stamp with my Versmark Ink pad, added Stamp-N-Bond and heated it up with my heat tool, then I quickly added brown glitter to make my words sparkle! I brushed off any extra glitter with a fine paint brush once it had dried. Sorry I don't have another close up of the toppers but none of then turned out very clear. Once the hearts were decorated I glued them together with a toothpick in the center.

When you hit shift on any of the cupcake wrappers you are given a decorative cut-out, this is the one that I picked, I then choose a pattern that matched my toothpick toppers. And again for some more sparkle I added stickles to the center of my cut out!


So just drop a cupcake in the wrapper and pop on your topper for this super cute and easy Valentine's Day project!

Click here for information on entering to win a cricut cartridge!

4 comments:

Scrappers' Ranch said...

this is really pretty!! I just got that cart..

TFS
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

Yuveria said...

they are so cute, it makes me hungry

My Hideaway said...

These boxes are so cute!

Olivia

Turnedgypsy said...

very cute!
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Post a Comment