MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 23, 2011

Love Buddies!

I had some requests on the recipe for the pink muddy buddies that I made.  I modified the recipe and will include the info here.

First, start with 9 cups of Chex Corn, Rice or which varient you like best or have on hand.  I used Rice as that was what was in my pantry.  I poured it into a glass bowl.


I set that aside and took a microwavable bowl and microwaved 1/2 cup of peanut butter and as you see I only had the chuncky variety with 2 TBS of butter.  Be sure to use an oven mitt so that you do not burn yourself as the bowl gets mighty hot!  I mixed 1 teaspoon of vanilla into this mixture before I poured it over the cereal. 


Pour the peanut butter mixture on to the Chex cereal and mix until it is well distributed.

Now, who likes chocolate?  Instead of using the semisweet chocolate chips, I used 2 cups of the colored chocolate discs and 2 TBS of butter.  I melted this in a glass bowl in the microwave for approximately 1 minute on HIGH; stir.  Microwave about 15 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.  I used white and tinted it myself but, you can buy the disc in pink or red etc.

Then, pour into the mixture of chex cereal and mix until blended.


Now, for some dusting fun!  I took 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and a package of your favorite pink jello for example strawberry or cherry in the 8 servings size.  It also is not the diet variation as let's face it this is NOT diet! ha ha.  Pour them into a gallon size plastic bag and shake shake shake to blend. 



We're almost done.... take spoon full of the cereal mix at a time and place into the sugar mixture and coat well.  Keep adding a spoon at a time shaking between until all has been added and it's well coated.  Be sure to zip the bag closed so, you do not have a mess everywhere! :) 


I then, placed it into a ramakin and topped off with some red sparkling sugar to give it some bling!  OOOH and the Door County sour candy cherries from yes....Wisconsin to put the final touches on it!


To finish it off, make some paper holders which you can find the directions from yesterday or click here!
Be sure to enter the blog hop giveaway too!  I'm giving away a cricut cartridge and the others have some awesome prizes as well. 






9 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing you recipe. I look forward to trying it out.

Jna

maryvernau said...

Thanks so much for the great recipe! Very festive for Valentine's Day!

Deanna Parrish said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. I love chex mix and it's an added bonus that you chose to color them pink (my favorite color) LOL.. I can't wait to try this myself. I think my kids will adore this recipe very much.

LesleyfromWI said...

Thank you so much!! This looked so good and I can't wait to make it for my guys for Valentines. Thanks for sharing!! Hugs

MontuckyGirl said...

What a great idea! Thanks for showing us a play by play how to make this!
http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Love the recipe, thanks for sharing. I can't wait for my kids to taste these. Just became a follower thanks for the opportunity with the blog candy!
lauermaa@gmail.com

Jenn said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe! SAw this yesterday and while I love the original Muddy Buddies, I think I will love love love these!!

Celeste B. said...

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!!! They look so yummy!!! :) My little girl will love them (even my little boy will)!! TFS! :)

Jennifer said...

Yum, yum, yum!!! :) That looks amazing!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share the recipe! All of your pictures are helpful, too!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Post a Comment