January 8, 2011

To do...Tada!!!

Click Picture for blog hop and chance to win awesome prizes including cricut cartridges!
It is extended to Monday.  Be sure to enter for the drawing!

Hello all!!  This is Carissa!  This week at SweetSassyDiva we are making something recycled, repurposed or a project made with a new item received for Christmas...  My project is a 6 most important things to do list that will be kept on a clipboard.  One of my goals this year is to balance my time more!!  I've started planning our meals again, keeping a list of cleaning chores to do everyday and now this list will help keep me on track even more!  Everything will be on this clipboard!!  Every night before bed I will put the six things that are at the top of the list that must get done the following day.  After they are completed then I will turn the tag over.
My new item received for Christmas is the Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge!!  I wish I could say that I used the flood fill feature on my Imagine to make this project but I'm not updated yet with the most recent update.  I used four sheets of white cardstock and a small scrap of another white cardstock.  Sweet!! 
Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge
Best Friends Imagine Art Cartridge
White Cardstock
Scoring tool
Crop-a-Dile or Eyelet setter
Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink
Gypsy - Optional
(I used the Gypsy because my Imagine is not updated yet)

  The red and yellow sheets are double sided!  The image from the Fabulous Finds cartridge needed a front and back...
 For the four sheets of white cardstock I used the Print Paper feature with the Best Friends Art Cartridge.  I love the clouds!!  So dreamy!!!

 This image is found on page 211 on the Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge.  I cut six of the at 3 inches.   
 I cut three at a time so I have a couple of nice scraps from this paper!
 Here they are ready to get scored on my Martha Stewart scoreboard!
 I wanted to make it a little flatter so I folded the flaps around the back.  It will be hidden anyway!! 
I cut the inserts from the printed blue cardstock at 2 1/4 x 3 3/4.  Rounded the top two corners to match the pocket.  Then used my Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole and add an eyelet for the ribbon.
 I used lots of glue to make sure that my pocket will lay flat.  All sides and one strip down the center. 
I printed a couple of images at the end to complete my project.  This is where the scraps of white cardstock were used.  The flowers are cut at 0.8 and 1.0 inches.  The bird was cut at 0.7 inches.  I used the layer feature so I could delete the images that I didn't want to use.  Also, I used the true size feature for both.  The edges were inked with Chestnut Roan chalk ink.
Have a great week!!


Shawnee said...

Very nice project! Thanks for sharing it with us.


Summer said...

Oh just too cute, thanks for the great tutorial!

Mandy said...

What am awesome idea!! I LOVE it! I will definitely have to try something like that. TFS!!

BettyBee said...

Such a cute project! I hope it helps you keep on track :) It's a project like I used to use when I was following FlyLady! Thanks for mentioning it over on my blog!


Libby Beach said...

Wow! This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Scrappymama Elaine said...

nice idea and great job! tfs!

Dina said...

awesome! I love all the bright colors you used! Dina

Dina said...

awesome! I love all the bright colors you used! Have a great night! Dina

Post a Comment