MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

January 2, 2011

I hold onto everything! (ok not everything)

This week we were asked to make something either recycled or repurposed. Well I am the queen of recycling stuff. I save all my cardstock scraps. When we get wedding invites in the mail I save the paper to reuse. I also save old Christmas cards and turn them into gift tags (see below I even made a wreath out of them this year). I love saving buttons from all the old clothes we wear out as well. Finding good buttons is like finding a gold nugget to me. I save almost anything I think I can reuse in my crafting. Its kinda a strange habit of mine. I love finding things that I can take and make into something fun. For this pocket card I used some cardstock scraps from my last box project and I also used some buttons I have saved from old clothes.
First I gathered all my supplies

I took a prescored 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch blank card opened it up and scored on side at 2 inches

Cut in the middle down 2 inches and folded the scored part down

Got out my Fiskars paper punch and punched out the edge


Cut a piece of cardstock 3 x 4 inches and used a corner rounder to round the card and the cardstock. Glued the cardstock on the inside

Placed glue on the other inside edge
Closed the card up and cut out another 3 x 4 inch piece of cardstock and glued it to the front

Cut a 5 inch piece of ribbon and glued it down on the back side of the flap then glued down the flap

Cut out a flower from one of my pieces of scrap cardstock and glued it to the front with a button and inserted two 2 2/3 x 4 1/4 inch tags


I took some brown ink and gave the edges a little of a distressed look. Whipped out my collection of gel pens and did a faux stich around the outer edge too.

So let this be a lesson to you! One womans junk could be another womans crafting supplies!!
~*Recipe*~
~*5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch blank card
~*Cardstock (mine was K&Co)
~*Ribbon
~*Fiskars paper punch
~*Button
~*Yarn
~*Brown ink
~*Blue gel pen
Happy 2011 and my you find your crafting supplies where you least expect it!
*~Jen*~

8 comments:

Mistyrose said...

It is such a noce project. I keep all my scraps too. Keep up the good work :)

Shawnee said...

I love recycling as well. I never thought of a Christmas wreath out of Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us.

Happy New Year!

Robin said...

Way to go! I am like you I hold onto just about everything I think I can use in my craft room LOL. Your project looks awesome. :)

Unknown said...

Love it. I do the same thing. I save almost everything. Good job.

Nana Donna said...

Very nice, great idea. I also save all my scraps

Libby Beach said...

Hey Jen! These are so cute!! Thank you so much for putting such a detailed recipe (especially the pics!) for us :)

scrappinC said...

Someone after my own heart. I safe everything also and when I go to scrapbooking events with my friends, I take all of their scrap paper and use it later.
Thanks for sharing.

cindy

2 Chicks on a Limb said...

Love all your creations -- I too save all kinds of stuff that I might can use in papercrafting or other crafts. TFS and giving us ideas as well!

Vickie
vchamness@gmail.com

Post a Comment