MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 20, 2010

Christmas Solutions Home Sweet Home





Hello Everyone! Hope you are having an awesome week. I made this cute Christmas Frame / Wall Hanging for the Cricut Monthly Challenge. I just love the way it came out, especially the Cheeky Christmas stamp from The Greeting Farms. This is a working frame that has an opening at the top so you can insert a photo of your family and then hang it up (or just leave it as is, which is what i am doing with this one, just as a home decor).



The SweetSassyDiva design team received some cardstock from 3M Post-It to try out and give reviews. I used some of it on this project and will most definitely be using it in future projects. It is an adhesive backed cardstock, so all of the tiny little pieces that we all hate gluing onto our projects (like eyes and mouths, etc.), we don't have to use glue anymore, we can directly take it from our mats to our projects without loosing any pieces (ok maybe it's just me that looses those tiny pieces LOL). How exciting is that!! It also works really well with the Cricut as well as the Sizzix Big Shot. I have used it three different ways in this project and will be showing you all sorts of different ways it can be used in the next few weeks. You can purchase the 3M Post-It paper at your local Joann's or Amazon.com.



Recipe:

- Medium Weight Chipboard - 2 Pieces, one for the frame and another one for the back of the frame.

- Graphic 45 Christmas Past Deluxe Edition Paper

- I used the Sizzix Big Shot and the Baroque Die by Tim Holtz for the base of my frame, but you can also use your Cricut and a cute image that is similar from the Sentimentals Cricut Cartridge.

- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint in Modern Red

- Ranger Aderondeck Paint Dobber in Gold

- Ranger Diamond Stickles

- Christmas Solutions Cricut Cartridge

- Prima Flowers

- Prima Bling

- Prima Lace

- Provo Craft Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

- Green Felt

- Sizzix Flowers Die (to make the leaves shape)

- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

- Shimmer Modge Podge - Gold

- Copic Markers

- Post It Paper by 3M in White

- The Greeting Farms Cheeky Xmas Stamp



The first thing i did was cut out my frame with my Sizzix Big Shot and the Tim Holtz Baroque die, then I painted that with the Claudine Hellmuth paint and set a side to dry. In the mean time I worked on my title for the frame using my Expression and the Christmas Solutions cartridge (this was cut at 1"), I used the 3M Post-It paper in white and then i painted over it after i cut it out with the Gold Adirondack Dobber. I really love this paper, because i don't have to use glue with it (I hate adding glue to small pieces or letters, this is truly the perfect solution for that). Once the frame was dry, i covered it with Shimmer Modge Podge to make it sturdy and to give it a very nice finished look.



I glimmer misted my Prima flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, used my Sizzix to cut out felt leaves for the flower, then embossed the felt to give it a nice dimension. Used my hot glue gun to put it all together and stuck it onto my frame.



I then started to work on my Xmas Cheeky girl with my copic markers. I used the white 3M Post it Paper on her as well. The reason i did this is because i wanted to add some glitter to the back of her, because i knew she would stick out a little bit and i did not want the back to just be plain white. So, i stamped her on the non sticky side and then once i was done coloring her in, i took the backing off and sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter on the back. I am so loving this paper, you can do so much with it. I then finished her off with some Diamond stickles.







This frame would be a perfect gift for the holidays, I have actually made several different ones as gifts and on the back of each of them I have attached an envelope so that you can write a little note inside for the person, and then they can put little pictures or memorabila from the year in the envelope, maybe some journaling.



Thanks for looking!!



Mila

1 comment:

Summer said...

So cute, I love your greeting farm stamp! Great job!

Post a Comment