MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 21, 2010

Joy of the Season Home Sweet Home Frame


Supplies:

8X10 Picture Frame
Red Felt Square
White, Green, Black, and Yellow Card Stock
Various Christmas and Dotted Patterned Papers
Rhinestones and Pearls
Frosted Star Button
Red Dotted 1 Inch Ribbon
Red Bazzill Edge Strips Loop Strip

Recipe:

Glue the red felt to the front of the back piece of the frame that holds the glass in. I used Martha Stewart White Glue.

Cut the white card stock about an inch bigger than the green card stock and punched it with the Martha Steward Lace Punch. Adhere it to the felt. I used large flat glue dots.



Cut the green card stock the size of the slot in the Cuttlebug so there is a little paper on each side of embossing.. I used the large Christmas Tree Folder that Cricut gave away at a meet-up I went to last Sat. (Side Note: Yippee I won a Cartridge, sorry I had to share). You could use the smaller one on the market and use a smaller frame and cuts if you don't have the larger folder.

Adhere green card stock to the white Lacy paper after embossing. It is easier to do that than after you do the next step. I just used the tape runner.

I put white pearls and rhinestones in red and green everywhere there was a circle or branch to put them on. Just put enough to get the look you want.

Place 3 white pearls on both top corners of Lacy paper. I did this to cover where the punch doesn't go well around corners.

I cut 10 Christmas Presents from the Joy of the Season Cartridge. I like dots and thought the paper went well with the rest of the dots in the project. I added red rhinestones to the front packages and used Stickles White Glitter on the bow of the larger presents for some shine.

Place two smaller presents on either side bottom of the tree and layer the others visually on the outside of the frame for dimension. I pop dotted them.



I cut the 4 train cars from the Christmas Cartridge that came out several years ago. Cut them to fit across whatever size your white Lacey paper is depending on the size picture frame, etc. that you use. I used glossy glue on yellow card stock to put a little shine in the windows of the train cars. Adhere the trains a little crooked like it's moving.

The strip across the bottom of the frame is from Bazzill Edge Strips. I just love them. Then I added pearls above each loop.

I used the Creative Memories small star punch for the star since it was the right size and easy. Then put the frosted button and a red rhinestone on the front of it. I pop dotted it.

Make a red dotted bow for the top of the frame. I staple the loops to the back of the bow as I make it. Hard to explain, but I start with the small middle loop. Then I make the first loop to the side of it by folding the ribbon to the back and when I pull leftover ribbon back to the front to make the next loop, I staple the pieces in the back together and do the same thing with all the other loops. The end of the ribbon just comes out and lays flat. Hope that's not to confusing. I used large flat glue dots to adhere to the frame.

Donna

Special discount until Christmas! Click the picture below for a 10% discount code to use on your order of a Scrap'n Tote! You can also print the coupon now as a friendly reminder to that special someone to let them know what you want.... I bet they'll appeciate the tip. :)




1 comment:

Summer said...

Great projects, I love the train under your Christmas tree!

Post a Comment