MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

November 15, 2010

Joy Home Decor!

Kristin from the Crafty Kitchen here! Our challenge for this Design Team project was to use the color green, use our Cuttlebug in some way, and to use felt.




I decided to make this "Joy" banner using chipboard coasters. I used lovely green damask patterned paper from DCWV's "Christmas Combo" stack and inked around the edges of the coasters with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The word "Joy" is cut from the Blackletter Cartridge using the font and the shadow.



I ran the regular word through my Xyron and then used Martha Stewart Flocking in Ladybug to give the letters a "faux felt" effect. After I flocked the letters, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the D'Vine Swirls folder. I love how you can emboss flocked letters!




The snowflake is from the Christmas Solutions cartridge, and I cut the regular snowflake and the shadow as well. I flocked the snowflake using MS Flocking in Swan.

I punched holes and set eyelets in all of the coasters using my Crop a Dile, and strung ribbon between the holes. I think it turned out great and I love the traditional Christmas look :)

- Kristin

These programs are available for free on the Gypsy for a limited time.  If you already own a gypsy, be sure to do an update before 12/31/2010.  Check back this week for some more Home Decor projects! 

- SweetSassyDiva

1 comment:

LesleyfromWI said...

This is so cute! I love the rich bold colors and love home decor projects. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment